Deleting spacers in Rise

Apr 27, 2022

I have been trying to delete a line spacer in Rise but whenever I try to click on the dustbin icon it drops down to the following text box. The only way I can delete a line spacer is to step it down to the end of the course where there is nothing below it. Is there a keystroke alternative to the dustbin icon?

12 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Alyssa,

We change the top and bottom padding of our spacers to 10px which greatly decreases the height of the divider.

Once we've done this, we have a problem where when you try and delete the divider, the delete icon for the block just below comes up instead.

The same problem exists for the block type selector and the edit button, and you are never sure which block the buttons actually belong to.

I appreciate this is a problem of our own making.

Margaret Anderson

I have the same problem. Definitely testing my patience.

I like the look of dividers with no padding because I want to break up the content without having a lot of extra wasted space that the user has to scroll through.

If you could raise the position of the delete/edit icons so it's not floating below the divider box but positioned directly on top of it - that would be great.

or if you could make the delete button on the keyboard could do the same thing - I could live with that - although there would still be an issue if wanting to edit or move the divider.

As you can see in the images - when I try to select the trashcan, the cursor is actually on the box below the divider I want to delete - so it tries to select that box instead, and if there's a subheading with a small box - then there is a competition between the icons that pop up - making it very difficult to do anything with it.