Duplicate Rise course not loading

Jul 29, 2020

Hi, I duplicated a rise course for the purposes of applying updates to the lesson content.  I used the duplicate copy to make the changes and uploaded the duplicate file to our Moodle based LMS.  When a user tries to launch the updated course the screen indicates the "course is loading" but the screen is blank when the application is launched.  I am wondering is this something to do with the identifier within the duplicate courses manifest not being the same as the original course.  Should I have used the original lesson to apply the changes to maintain the same course identifier?  When I force a new attempt the course loads perfectly.

5 Replies
John Robinson

Hi Alyssa.  I am at the stage that I need to publish another update to a course created in Rise.  I am again faced with the same situation in that RISE has generated a new identifier on export.  I have 12K users and it's very frustrating for them to find a white screen when they try to return to a course.

Can you advise if a solution has been investigated to allow a manual input of an identifier, or simply stop RISE creating a new identifier when exporting.

Regards

Alyssa Gomez

Hi again, John! I wanted to share a recent change we made in Rise 360.

Some learners would see a blank page upon resuming a course you've updated in your LMS. You can now choose to reset learner progress when they launch a course. Click here for more information.

Let us know if you have any questions about this enhancement!