Error message when using VTT files

Jul 19, 2022

Hi,

I am attempting to replace the videos in my Rise course with VTT files in order to show closed captioning. Then I tested the video, I receive this attached message (the media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported)

I have previously used VTT files in my courses and did not have an issue. 

Thank you for your help

2 Replies
Gren Foronda

Hi Joumelide! Sorry to hear that you are getting an error when using VTT files for your videos in Rise.

If you already have an existing video block, you can add the closed captions through the Edit > Manage Captions menu, see more details in this article.

However, if you are uploading another video (such as an MP4 file), but getting an error, can you try creating a new video block and uploading this here? Should the issue persist, kindly open a support case here and share your video file (MP4), and our support engineers look into this issue further.

Gren Foronda

Hi Joumelide! Sorry to hear that you are getting an error when using VTT files for your videos in Rise.

If you already have an existing video block, you can add the closed captions through the Edit > Manage Captions menu, see more details in this article.

However, if you are uploading another video (such as an MP4 file), but getting an error, can you try creating a new video block and uploading this here? Should the issue persist, kindly open a support case here and share your video file (MP4), and our support engineers look into this issue further.