Feature Request: Author added to labelling edit panel?

Mar 16, 2017

Most of my clients don't want my details or a single person listed as the author of RISE content, but rather the themselves as publisher of the content.

At present, this means I have to change my name to much my current clients details in my Articulate account... which has obvious implications when posting even on the discussion forums here.

I would like to request that the Author details be modified within the new label edit window instead. That way we can assign a label set for each client with the author details complying to their needs, rather than having to modify my account name before exporting the content.

33 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey there!

Since our latest Rise update this week, you now have the option to show or hide the author for an entire course all at once. So instead of changing the author name, you can hide it altogether, if you'd like. You could also look at listing the name of the course author in a Quote Block. There's even a place to add a picture there, if you'd like to include a picture of the author, as well. I put together a quick video tutorial on how to do all of that right here! 

We appreciate hearing more ideas on ways in which we can look at improving Rise, so thanks for letting us know how you'd like the author details feature to function. Feature requests from customers like you contribute to our product roadmap, and you can always share them in ELH or send them along to us here.

Terri Iwinski

Ideally, both. Plus the ability to set my authorship credentials as my company.

Terri Iwinski
Retail Sales Trainer
Bob's Discount Furniture
860-200-4822
teresa.iwinski@mybobs.com

"Confidentiality Note: This e-mail, and any attachment to it, contains privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named on the e-mail. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that reading it is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately return it to the sender and delete it from your system. Thank you."

Katie Riggio

Thanks for the extra insight, Terri. I've also added your voice to the grant export rights to multiple collaborators feature report Ashley mentioned above!

While we promise to update this conversation with any forward movement on either feature, the What's New, What's Next and Rise Version History pages are other great places to follow. We post upcoming and already released features there, too! 

P.S. Looks like you may have replied via email in which your contact information came through. No worries, as this Peek video will show you how to edit it out!

James Klaas

I am wondering if there is any advance on the feature in Rise to replace the author from Instructional designer to SME.  While adding a block intro works it is not as present in the course environment. I hate to be annoying but this is a feature I desire everytime I use it for a client. Thanks for keeping this on the desired upgrade list.

Allison LaMotte

Hi Bonnie,

If you choose to display the author, the author photo (or the initials if you haven't uploaded a photo) will always appear. You could upload a blank image to get around this, but this may make the author name alignment look off.

If you'd like to be able to show the author name without an image, would you be up for logging a feature request to tell us more about your specific needs?

In the meantime, if there’s anything else I can do to help, please let me know! 

Allison LaMotte

Hi Jim,

Do you mean you want to transfer the course ownership to an SME? Or that you just want to be able to make the SME's name and photo appear as the author on the course? If the former, that's already possible. Here's how that works.

If the latter, would you be up for logging a feature request to tell us more about your specific needs?

In the meantime, if there’s anything else I can do to help, please let me know! 

Nicola Fern

This solution isn’t likely to be that helpful as none of my SMEs who write/develop course content have access to 360, nor do they need it. I’m assuming any person you could transfer the authorship to or collaborate with must have an Articulate 360 license…

I’d like to be able to just say click a radio to ‘Enter custom author details’ and then add a name and a upload photo – and ideally be able to add more than one author.

Many thanks,
Nic

Crystal Horn

Hi Terri and all,

Exciting news! We've enhanced collaboration in Rise 360. Find out about different collaborator roles here.

And this isn’t the only cool feature we released today! Check out our What’s New page for the full list. Let me know if you have any questions or comments. 🙂