Fill in the blank question - no right answer

Jan 31, 2022

Is there a way to have a fill in the blank question with no right or wrong answer, so once answered there is a response but it doesn't show "incorrect". I'm trying to find a work-around for a reflection or essay type response. 

I have tried to embed a Google Form but it does not look pretty. If that is the only other solution and someone has instructions or an example so it doesn't look so disjointed I'd appreciate it! None of the existing support threads I've seen have broken it down enough for my understanding.

45 Replies
Caitlin Parkinson

Adding my voice to this chorus. This is a desperately needed feature to enhance learner engagement, and looking at the Roadmap I can't see any indication that it's a priority for the Articulate team. What is the point of chasing the AI trend when your program can only create limited interactions in the first place?

Luciana Piazza

Hi Donna, 

Thanks for reaching out! I've added your voice to this feature request. We'll be sure to update this thread in the future so everyone is in the loop on upcoming news regarding this request. 

In the meantime, one workaround folks have tried is including a Storyline Block in their course. I'd like to reference the step-by-step instructions my colleague Lea shared earlier in this thread. 

Another workaround is embedding a third-party survey. I'll open this up to the community so they can share what has worked well for them! 

Have a great start to your day!

Jasper Morssink

Hi! After reading through the comments from end-users and replies from the Articulate Product Team, I am interested to hear the reasoning behind not pursuing this functionality. I believe the questions will otherwise keep coming in.

+1 vote for this functionality and +1 vote for a bit more meat on the bone when it comes to explaining the roadmap prioritization :-) 

Kathryn Raybould

I would also like to see this feature in Rise. Reflection questions with feedback are great for supporting behavioural change, but adding a Storyline block is not a suitable workaround for our needs. This does not seem like a very complex new feature to add (option for no correct answer in multiple choice/response questions).