How can I maintain image quality in this scenario

Sep 18, 2019

Hiya,

I have imported some SmartArt from PowerPoint into Storyline. After doing so, the image looked sharp.  I added some text layers and buttons in Storyline and published it to Review 360.  I then imported the slide as a Storyline Block into a Rise Course. 

The text added in Storyline is crystal clear.  But the Smart Art image that was imported from PowerPoint is quite blurry. 

What am I doing wrong?  Is there a way to fix this?

Pinned Reply
Kelly Auner

Hi Fay,

I have great news to share! We are no longer seeing this issue in our latest version of Storyline 360 (Build 3.73.29831.0), where SmartArt graphics imported from PowerPoint are blurry when published.

To make sure your software is up-to-date, please launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and select the Update button next to Storyline 360. I've included our step-by-step instructions here!

9 Replies
Faye Suggs

Hi! Ironically another "Faye" is having the same issue. This happens to me all the time. Depending on the SmartArt selection, I would have to recreate it in Storyline for a crisp outcome. I'm attaching an example of a SmartArt image in PowerPoint and the outcome I get in Storyline. 

To remedy the problem, I tried to publish at 100% quality, but no change.

Any ideas?

Kelly Auner

Hi Fay,

I have great news to share! We are no longer seeing this issue in our latest version of Storyline 360 (Build 3.73.29831.0), where SmartArt graphics imported from PowerPoint are blurry when published.

To make sure your software is up-to-date, please launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and select the Update button next to Storyline 360. I've included our step-by-step instructions here!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.