10 Replies
Robert Loverin

We're struggling with as well. One option to explore is to duplicate the course, which could create a backup before you undertake major changes. Then, if your updates break something, you can go back to the duplicate.

If you have more that one account on your team subscription, the send a copy feature might work by having someone "hold" a backup file.

None of these are ideal, but could serve as a temporary solution until Rise provides more. It would be nice to have a way to download a backup. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi, everyone!

Here's one way to create a backup copy: export a Rise 360 course for Web, and this will generate an output file that you can store on your hard drive.

Should you ever need to use the backup file in the future, just host it on a web server, or unzip the file and view the index.html file offline. There isn't a way to upload the output file back into Rise 360, but you can always use it to create a new course.

Mark Rogers

Seriously? 

Many of us are advanced in using multiple hosting apps and software programs and moved beyond this "iMovie" landscape and optics with eLearning.

This is ridiculous and critically a time suck and, at best, a huge risk on so many levels as there is other "lack" of fluidity in functionality (or capability to enable more from the designer's POV) in these products. Instead, users get reminded over and over again not of what they want (and being heard). But what the app tells them — this is what you get, "deal with it."

Aside from Storyline 360 and Rise 360 being principally a cash cows. You'd think you'd redirect this revenue asap to create functionality that's on the landscape of a LOT of software out here focused on end-users (e.g., Oracle, IBM, etc.). Fast and efficient keystrokes and functionality, multitasking workflows (bulk copy and pasting, and especially the capability to have the ability to set specific partitioning in Rise 360 that's beyond just dumping "everything" in the corral). Or not having the capability to segregate from one big dump and instead move Modules of Rise 360 courses, etc., into specific folder partitions, etc.

I could go on. But in my short time reviewing feedback here and elsewhere on the web. I am painfully aware that Storyline 360 or Rise 360 is not remotely in the universe of the Steven Jobs POV — landscape and optics with products or software — servant leadership of design (give you what you want and need to create (open window for you to go through).

Storyline 360 and Rise 360 are a window, alright. Often a clunky, sticky, and hard to unlatch (time suck) in a lot of places . . .  

I principally use these programs b/c most training shops think this is the state of eLearning productivity development — herd mentality. Waiting for them to catch up and realize there's way more out here in offerings . . .

Mary Sheehy

Any update on this question - i.e. Is there a backup facility whereby I can download a backup - and later upload/restore? rather than have to "rebuild" from Web-output or Scorm?

Why don't Articulate create a backup account - and I can then 'share' a course with that particular Articulate backup account - and if disaster strikes - request a restoration via 'share' back to my account from the Articulate backup account?

Jose Tansengco

Hi Mary,

Happy to chime in!

If you need a way to backup your Rise 360 content, you can use the "Duplicate" feature to create copies of your courses that you can then "Move" to a backup folder on your dashboard.

Doing this allows you to quickly revert to an earlier version of a course if the need arises. There is currently no offline backup option for Rise 360 courses as all of this content exists solely on our servers. 

Mauricio Wright

Just checking to see if there is an update to this question?

Is there a way to back up or export the rise project file?  It's okay if it can only be edited within the Rise browser-based application.  My question is regarding if the project files can be exported and stored externally, as a person may need to move them from Rise account to another and in the interim will need to store them externally from Articulate.