How would you do this? "Initial each page"

Nov 15, 2022

We have an old course in Storyline that just got a big revision request. I was looking to move it into Rise, but I'm stuck on one particular component. 

The requirement is that the user has to read a document and "initial" each page (not changeable, its from a gov't agency). The way we do this in Storyline is to have a box on the page where they type their initials into as a part of the reading that's required. 

I'm not seeing a way to do this in Rise. I thought about a knowledge check but I don't see a way to make those required completions. 

My brain is stuck, so I'm hoping people here might have some ideas! How would you handle this requirement?

1 Reply
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Concetta. You can bring the existing Storyline 360 course into Rise 360 using a Storyline block. That way, your Storyline functionality can be preserved.

An assumption that I'm making is that the Storyline course wouldn't be considered complete unless those boxes are initialed. If that's correct, you can also set completion of the Rise course to happen once the Storyline block is completed. This article shows you how.

Let us know if you have questions about that idea!