Images as bullet points in Rise

Jan 26, 2022

I just did the Webinar "Building Compliance" sessions with @Elizabeth and there was this section where there was images in place of traditional bullet points (see attachment image). Does anyone know how to do this?

6 Replies
Mr C

Hi Catherine

Not sure how Elizabeth created her bullet points but what I have done is use PowerPoint to create the bullet points and required text.

I then select the first bullet point then go to the drop down in the Bullet Point select Bullet Points and Numbering from the popup window I Select Picture and choose my new bullet point image.

I repeat the process for each bullet point.

When I am satisfied with the text, images and layout I save the entire text box as a Picture.

Then in my Rise program I create a new Image block and import the picture I just created.

That is my work around and it looks great, only downside is if you need to change the text it is back to PowerPoint.

Hope that helps

Karl Muller

Hi Catherine,

Here is another option.

1. Create a Quote Block D.
  2. Choose to Edit the block.
  3. Delete the default text that is provided for the Quote and leave this area blank.
  4. Add your text in the area where it says Name.
  5. Replace the default avatar.jpg image with the image you want to use as the bullet.
  6. Copy the block for each bullet required and then edit.

The end result will look something like the image below.

Karl Muller

Hi Catherine,

If you want it to look exactly the same way that Elizabeth had it, you will most likely have to create the bullet icons and text as a single image as suggested by Mr. C.

As Rise does not have a block type where you can use images for bullets, the Quote block is probably your best option, if you want to use a Rise block.

What do you mean by "shading"? If you are referring to the background color of the Quote block, you can change that to any other color under the Settings option.

What is  issue with the "spacing"?