Importing/Exporting Rise Lessons into Storyline Courses or Vice-Versa

Feb 08, 2017

Hello all!  I'm a newbie here.  Just wondering if courses (or specific lessons) developed in Rise be exported/imported into a Storyline 360 Course or vice-versa.

Thanks!

Marty Evans

54 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Edward! Just a clarification here -- you can track the Storyline Block quiz score by choosing the quiz tracking option when you publish from Storyline to Review 360. Then, when you export for LMS, select the Storyline block as the tracking option. More details on that here.

In that scenario, the quiz score will be sent to the LMS, but question-level details aren't sent to the LMS for Storyline blocks.

Lea Agato

Hi, Haeyoung!

You can export your Rise course for web distribution and host it on a web server. With this, you can embed your Rise course in Storyline as a web object.  You can check out this article for directions on how to embed your published Rise 360 content. Let me know if this works for you!

Traci Butler Carroll

Hello, I see this is an old thread, but I want to add my voice to the comments. I have several faculty who have fully built Rise courses that they want to make "more robust" in Storyline. (Specifically, in the branching scenario arena, the options in Rise are limiting in terms of word count, and they want to add some additional options to the branches.)

Since these are edits to existing courses, it would be awesome to import the Rise course into Storyline in an editable format so I would not need to completely recreate these courses.  I know they are not the same tech, so they don't "talk" to each other that way, but if there's any idea of developing this function, I'm sure it would help many other Instructional Designers like myself!