Issue with the language of a Rise course and Google Translate

Apr 21, 2020

Hello there,

Im developing a course on Rise. The course is in Spanish but for some reason when I export it, Google Chrome translation functionality messes up with the text.
by default, Chrome recognizes the web page in English (even tho labels and content is in Spanish) but when someone tries to review the course and they have the translation from English to Spanish functionality enabled, the course that is in Spanish gets some words replaced by anothers words in spanish. It results in a course with some sentences that doesnt make sense.

Is there a way I can fix the default language (not the one of the labels, those ones are already in Spanish) to be recognized in Spanish by default or is it a patch that chrome/ articulate has to deliver? I dont experience this issue in Mozilla.

Thank you!

8 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there!

The Rise 360 imsmanifest.xml output does not have a language declaration tag, but the content is based on and formatted as en-us. For this reason, even if a course is translated into non-English languages, our imsmanifest.xml will still appear as English in each translated course.

Let me know if that answers your question!

PUCP VIRTUAL 5

Hi Alyssa, 

Yeha that make sense since Ive ben trying to make it work even in a browser with language setting set in Spanish. Is it possible to change the en-us format  and match it with the language of the lessons so Chrome doesnt try to change it?

Thank you and sorry for the late reply

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, VRAC ARTICULATE05!

While we can't provide support for modified published output, you can try changing the language attribute from en to another language in the index.html file, saving the file, and then uploading the edited package back to your web server or LMS.

That should allow your learners' browsers to recognize the text as another language besides English. Feel free to provide an update on how that worked!