Knowledge Check Questions

Apr 20, 2020

Hi there, I am trying to use knowledge checks for ways to self-assess where one is at so there should be no right or wrong answer. Is there a way for the knowledge check to not have a correct answer? While I can add feedback saying that, I'd prefer for the text to not read "Incorrect" when one submits their response 

10 Replies
Kelli Gonzalez-Brooks

Same. I need a place where the learner can capture their thoughts without any judgement of a right or wrong answer. It would be helpful if there was a "free-form" option. Not everything is black and white and self-refection is an important part of learning, growth, and development. Is there any type of work-around I can use?

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Kelli!

Rise 360 knowledge check blocks require correct and incorrect answers. The best way to add open-ended survey questions to your lesson is to embed a survey from a third-party tool (like Google Forms or Survey Monkey) using a Multimedia Embed block. 

Use this iFrame code format for easy embedding!
<iframe src="URL HERE"></iframe>

Holly Kidson

We're currently using the Google Forms embed work-around for this, but this feature is often requested by our customers!  It would be so nice if it were built-in.  Is this something that's on the horizon?

If we could just remove the X and the check mark somehow, that would be fine too.  I want to capture the responses in the LMS rather than a separate platform, if possible.

Lea Agato

Hi there, Julie! We don't have updates on this feature just yet, but we'll keep you posted if anything changes!

In the meantime, if you're looking for a more customizable quiz feedback, you can definitely do this in Storyline 360 by using feedback layers on your quiz. This guide provides details instructions on working with feedback layers in Storyline 360. Once you created your quiz in Storyline 360, you can add it as a Storyline block in Rise. Here's how. 

I hope this helps!