"Labels" missing from "Settings" in Rise course

Jul 10, 2020

My team and I were given authoring access to a series of courses so we could own/edit the content. We noticed on some of the courses, the "Labels" option has disappeared from the "settings." Any idea how to correct this issue? We are needing to customize the "start course" button and are unable to do so right now.

8 Replies
Karl Muller

Is the course owner not available to make the label change?

Yes, the course owner can be changed, but it still requires the current owner to transfer the course to someone else.

See: https://community.articulate.com/series/rise-360/articles/rise-360-work-on-a-course-with-other-team-members#transfer 

If the course owner is no longer with the organization, then the Articulate Administrator for your organization can assign those courses to a different team member.

Alternatively, you can make a copy of the course and then change the labels.

Karl Muller

Hi Teresa,

It's the way that Articulate set up the various roles in Rise:

• The Course Owner can do everything.
  • A Course Manager can do everything except edit labels, transfer ownership, and delete the course. 
  • A Course Collaborator can edit the course but doesn’t have access to Settings, Share, Review, or Export.
Chris Roetzer

Teresa, did you happen to request this feature? My feeling is they should at least enable label edits for managers or allow more than one owner.

Articulate is awful about roadmap or feature request status/visibility. Users have been waiting 4+ years just to fix the bug with the quotation mark on one of the statement blocks overlaying an image and a FR for other language quotation marks such as << and >> for French.