Lessons not completing in Rise 360

Aug 06, 2021

I need some help. We are using Rise to create learner guides for a course. We are taking advantage of the bookmark feature in Rise. I tested it some months ago in Cornerstone On Demand, and I was able to pick up where I left off. However, the issue we are having is that the module completes in the LMS, but when you re-launch the module, the lessons are unchecked, and it looks like the learner hasn't completed them. Since the learners will be accessing the guide over a number of days, it's essential that the bookmarking feature works properly. 

I've copied the Rise module and deleted everything except five of the lessons (lessons 5-9), including the one that doesn't stay completed. When I tested the five lessons, everything completed and the check marks remained when I accessed the module again. I added everything back up to the point where the completion isn't saving (lessons 1-9), and had the same issue. 

We are using Edge for the browser and Cornerstone On Demand for the LMS. The module has 14 lessons and is exported to SCORM 1.2. There is audio and video included, along with Storyline blocks. 

Any help you can give me with this would be wonderful. 

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez
Hi Mary!

It sounds like your learners might be hitting a suspend data limit

Your LMS has a limit to the amount of data it can hold. If you have a course that goes beyond the limit, the LMS won't remember anything that happened after the learner reached the limit, and it'll resume to the wrong lesson.

Try republishing your course with SCORM 2004 3rd Edition or 4th Edition, both of which support much longer suspend data. Let me know if you see a difference!
Alyssa Gomez

Great question, Mary!

Rise 360 sends a keep-alive message to your LMS when you navigate to each lesson.

For the learners that are running into time-out issues, what do they see in the LMS? Does the course close automatically? 

Also, what happens when they relaunch the course -- does it resume back to the first lesson or the last-visited lesson?

Mary Gutwein

The course launches in a separate window, with the LMS in the background. The LMS will time out in the background with the course open. When they close and reopen the course, they go back to where the course last saved, presumably where Rise last sent the keep-alive message. I'll have them try just refreshing the LMS screen in the background to see if that helps.