Link from one Rise 360 course to another Rise 360 course

Nov 14, 2023

I'm building a complex procedural in Rise 360 that includes many branching options, based on this or that criteria. It starts out with instructions common to all learners, but then branches out when necessary to be specific to the backgrounds of the learners. Eventually, however, each learner must "branch back to" instructions that are common to all. I hope this explains the flow. I'm having trouble making this work so that no learner misses a step.

One solution is to create separate courses, with a link in one course to another course. My search of this discussion board indicated that this issue was raised four years ago, but the latest response was two years ago. 

I'm wondering if this functionality has been addressed or, if not, whether anyone can suggest a work-around.

Thanks so much!

Rik

5 Replies
Tom Kuhlmann

The branching options in Rise are a bit limited. You can use the button stack to branch to various lessons. Here's one way to do that where I had three distinct groups that I could branch to.

Here's a copy of the demo you can add to your Rise to see how it was set up.

That's probably not ideal for what you want to do. Generally, when you have a multi-course option, that's where a learning management system steps in. If you want to do a more controlled branching as you described, Storyline is the better option as it has  the feature set to do it the right way.

Rik Barnes

Thanks Tom! Using your example might actually work if I can use a button stack at anyplace in the course. For example, display content on a few screens before branching to (say) three lessons. Then converge all three lessons back into common content for a few screens before using the button stack to branch out again. 

Can you tell I'm inclined to put off the Storyline learning curve?

Unless I could "convert" all of the 16-lesson Rise 360 content into Storyline and just edit the branching!

Tom Kuhlmann

Ideally, you'd build it in Storyline. However, if you have content in Rise currently, there is a way to integrate published Rise courses into Storyline where Storyline becomes the container and way to manage access to the courses. 

You do lose some tracking/reporting options. It just depends on your needs.

I'll put together a simple mock up to show one way to do it.