LinkedIn Learning embedded in RISE

Feb 08, 2019

Hi all, 

Has anyone incorporated a LinkedIn Learning video into their RISE course? Is this possible? If so, how have you gone about this and does it funtion properly?

Thanks a bunch, 

Jeff

11 Replies
Cindy Kravitz

Thanks for your suggestion, Michael! I realized the solution was an obvious (but not so obvious!) solution. The embed link contains superfluous tags that need to be removed for the iframe to work. Need to do more testing around single sign on authentication, but for now the video plays as expected and below is what I did in the meantime in case it helps anyone. The iframe may not work across all browsers and devices though. 

1. On LinkedIn Learning, select the Share button and in the displayed tab copy the embed link.

Copy the embed link
  2. Remove unneeded code and content in between <div></div>. For embedded multimedia, Rise has a setting to enter the direct URL or iframe, so you will need the direct URL or iframe code. (Please note that I removed the direct links in this screenshots to truncate and remove tracking details.)

3. Then copy and paste the portion of the link in red font in the embed content block.

Hope that helps!