Making updates to translated Rise courses

Jul 13, 2022

My team and I are translating our customer education content into several languages, starting with German. As our company's product continues to evolve, we need to keep updating our translated content.

What's the simplest way to handle translation updates: update the English version of the Rise course, export the Xliff, have our translators translate this Xliff, and import the Xliff into the existing German course? Or do we need to first re-duplicate the English version of the course and then follow the above steps? My team already encountered a problem with Xliff files not being compatible due to different course id numbers.

I'm interested in hearing about others' experiences with updating translated content at scale. Thanks!

1 Reply
Chino Navarro

Hi Emily. Thanks for reaching out. When you export an XLIFF file from a Rise 360 course, you can only upload it back to the exact same course. So, to update and translate your courses, you would need to update each one, then export each course's XLIFF file, have them translated, and then you can upload them back to their respective courses.