My Rise course won't load into the LMS (Cornerstone)

Dec 20, 2017

Hello everyone,

For some reason I have a module built in Rise that will not load into my LMS. I have loaded other Rise modules without incident.

This is the first module I have built that has a Storyline block in it, is there some reason that might prevent it from loading?

Its a pretty boring linear course 

https://rise.articulate.com/share/hXnTjBUXp_4dAXPkTlcOHxFPUMmKltOH

Any help appreciated.

Karen

22 Replies
Lesley Condon

Hi Karen, I am having the same problem with one of my courses. Its the only one that will not load. Mine does not have a storyline block in it through. Have you tried testing it in scrom cloud? Usually, if it works in there then it's the LMS that has the issue and not the file. 

Details of scorm cloud below.

There was apparently a recent issue with some Rise courses as well. Not sure if it has been fixed. https://archive.statusgator.com/screencaps/107-articulate-1513203185-warn.pngw

Lesley

SCORM Cloud is a free testing engine that supports AICC, SCORM, and Tin Can API (xAPI) content: https://cloud.scorm.com

This video demonstrates how to use SCORM Cloud with Articulate content: http://articulate.fyi/1OHe39f

You'll also find some helpful LMS-troubleshooting tips here: http://articulate.fyi/1TBEwac

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Karen,

I'm glad to hear it worked in SCORM Cloud! I'd suggest sharing that result with your Cornerstone team and see if they can identify a method to successfully upload to Cornerstone. 

There is also a very active discussions here in ELH that has a lot of Cornerstone users subscribed. You may also want to reach out there, or individually to users by using the Contact me button on their profiles. 

karen lee

Ashley the answer was there, thank you!

For others, if you have embedded a Storyline block there is a duplicate javacsript file in the output, delete one of them and then Cornerstone accepts it.

file is        'player-interface.js'

found in          zippedfolder /scormcontent/assets/[folder with random 16 char name/

yoampi yoampi

Hi there,

We have created a rise module that contains different videos. We can enlarge the videos to full screen mode in rise. But, when I export the module in Scorm 1.2 format and upload to our LMS: cornerstone , I CAN'T enlargue videos.

Is there anything else we should do to be able to enlarge videos? We included a video as part of one card inside a labeled image and as we can't enlarge the content is really small :(

Thanks in advance

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Yoampi.  Can you tell me what browser you're using to view your course from the LMS?

I tested my course using SCORM Cloud, and I was able to watch the video in full screen both in Google Chrome on my desktop as well as Mobile Safari on my iPhone.  You can check out my course here to compare.

Allison Znachko

Hello, this bug was fixed? I ask because I'm having issues with Rise courses loading in our LMS all of a sudden, after over 3,000 people have taken the courses. Both courses have Storyline blocks within a Rise course. I looked at the folders in the SCORM content folder/assets- I have two folders with random letters_numbers, and in each folder there is one file called 'player-interface.js'. Why are there two folders ? Do I need to delete one of the folders for it to work? And why would it just stop working on our LMS when nothings' changed? thank you for any help with this.  Allison 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Allison! Yes, we did resolve the issue where you would find double player-interface.js files in Rise 360 output folders when the course contained a Storyline block.

I wouldn't expect your courses to suddenly stop working in your LMS when they have worked fine until now. Before you remove any files from the output folder, would you mind sharing one of those SCORM outputs with our team so we can test it from our side?

If that works for you, you can send it privately by clicking here. 

Andrea Pesaturo

Hi Allison, 

Was there any fix for this? I have one course that we're struggling with getting to work for some users when we upload it to Cornerstone. 

There are quite a number of Storyline blocks in it (~20) and I'm wondering if that is the issue. 

Look forward to seeing if you found a fix!

Jasmine Stepp

Hey there. I know this thread is a couple of years old. I am also having trouble loading my rise course file into the cornerstone LMS. I  am receiving a failure notice. I have successfully tested the course in SCORMCloud. Would you be able to take a look at the rise course file? Here's the scorm cloud link, just in case.

Hazel Bartolome

Hi Jasmine! Sorry to hear that your course is receiving a failure notice in Cornerstone LMS. Thanks for sharing the SCORM Cloud link to your course. I see that it is working well in SCORM Cloud. If your course works properly in SCORM Cloud but not in Cornerstone, kindly share your SCORM Cloud findings with Cornerstone LMS to troubleshoot the issue.