Need Help Determining Rise360 Capabilities

Jun 15, 2023

We have authored everything in Storyline 3 to date.  And am considering creating new and migrating existing courses in Rise.  I was having trouble finding whether some of the main features we need are supported in Rise.  We currently publish to web on our server, split each course up into parts, providing a web object URL at end of each part, calling out to a URL on our site that we use to record the progress, so at end of Part 1 of 4, learner hits the last slide with URL Object and we report progress as 25% complete, and so on.

• In Rise, since it is more scroll based presentation, how is progress tracked?  How could this be reported or called out similar to how we do it now (above)?
  • How is narration forced with the scroll based layout of Rise, or is it just a manual click that the learner can bypass?
  • We currently have a custom script written into the published files of our SL3 courses which creates a custom certificate of completion through our backend.  Can this be done in Rise?

Really appreciate any/all input on this.  I do like the mobile compatibility of Rise and it's ease of use, but am wondering, for us, if that comes at the cost of not being able to use some of the above features we need.

3 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hello Niall! Good day to you!

I understand you are considering creating and/or migrating your work to Rise 360.

Please see the information below in response to your query:

• Rise 360 does not report a percent partially complete. It reports Incomplete (0%) or Complete (100%) progress to your LMS. 
  • If you are looking to add narration to your course, you can add a Multimedia > Audio block in each lesson. However, learners would need to manually click to play the audio file. Currently, there is no function that automatically plays audio blocks at this time.
  • Rise 360 doesn't have a built-in certificate feature. We are tracking requests for this feature and I'd be happy to add you to that list. There are other users who were able to find a solution to achieve this. You can check out this forum thread that provides a lot of helpful information on how you can create custom certificates. Phil Mayor shared an awesome certificate generator using a Storyline block in Rise.

I hope this helps. Feel free to reach out again if you have other questions.