New Feature in Rise 360: Question Banks

Apr 05, 2022

Rise 360 just keeps getting better. Today we released a new feature called question banks. 

Thanks to question banks, you can now create randomized quizzes in Rise 360 by drawing from a bank of prepared questions. This is especially useful when you want to make sure learners see something different each time they retake a quiz.

With the quiz question bank feature, you can create a set of questions once, and reuse that bank as many times as you want in the same course or even across multiple courses. What a huge timesaver!

You also have the flexibility to use question banks for knowledge check blocks or quizzes—giving you options for how and when you want to check or test a learner’s knowledge.

To create a quiz question bank, click Question Banks and select New Bank.

Give your question bank a name and select Create Question Bank.

From there, create and add questions to the bank just as you would when building a quiz lesson.

And there’s no limit on how many question banks you can create. To help you stay organized, you can organize your question banks into different folders. For example, you could create a folder for each course or topic.

And if you’re an Articulate 360 Teams subscriber, you have even more ways to work together. With question banks, you can easily share question bank folders with other team members to ensure consistency across your organization’s courses. You can even assign different roles to each member—manager, editor, or viewer— depending on the level of access they need.

We think you’re going to love this new Rise 360 quizzing feature and can’t wait to hear what you think!

144 Replies
Kristýna Vitásková

Great news this awaited feature by many arrived!

Is there a plan to have the possibility to show feedback after each question without revealing the correct answer if user submitted the incorrect one? So far it wasn't possible and without this feature we'll be forced to stay with Storyline quiz embeded as only this set-up gives the learning outcome from the quiz and it's not just a basic test. Thanks for letting me know!

Anthony Goss

Hey, Paul!  You can do this already.  If you go into an existing quiz, click on the three dots and copy it to a question bank.  You have to setup the question bank first, but it is super easy.  It would be nice to be able to do it in mass instead of having to do one question at a time, but this is a huge time saver. 

Anthony Goss

To the dev team - Congrats on this achievement!  I think this is the first online SAAS tool that does question banks.  I would like to provide some considerations now that this is underway for future enhancements that would take this to the next level.  It would allow many of us to stay inside of Rise instead of having to go to Storyline to do things.

1 - We need the ability to turn off the reveal of correct answers when a learner misses a question.

2 - We need to be able to select random questions and also anchor questions that are required each time.

3 - We need the ability to add audio both for the question and the answers.

4 - We need to be able to have images as answer choices.  I know several other tools that have this feature already.

5 - We need to be able to have "sections" for larger quizzes, final exams.  Storyline is also missing this feature, but you can simulate it in Storyline with scenes.  The idea for bigger exams would be to have the quiz pull from multiple question banks and to be able to present these questions randomly.  For example, you have a bank of 20 questions in category 1, 20 questions in category 2, etc.  The quiz would then pull 5 random questions from each category and then present these to learner in random order.  This would allow you to assess multiple areas in a balanced way.

6 - We need to able to have image matching/sorting.

7 - I would like to be able to add a sorting activity as a question type.  Also, it would be nice to have images here also.

Thank you for considering these enhancements.

Anthony Goss

Hey, Paul!  I don't think there is an option to copy a knowledge check question.  I tried finding that yesterday without success.  This is definitely something that needs to be added.  I would like to see Articulate expand on this online storage option, which I think may be in the works now that question banks are here.  It would be nice to have a way to have a Media Library where we access all of our assets across our courses, which would include questions from knowledge check questions.  

Knowledgefront Digital Learning

The question bank feature is great BUT our financial compiance clients are unable to use Rise quizzes as it is not possible to show whether a question is correct or incorrect WITHOUT showing the correct answer. please can you separate these options so you can show can show if a question is incorrect, without showing the correct answer

Thanks

Crystal Horn

Hey everyone - I’m so delighted to hear your positive remarks about our beta of the question banks feature! I hear that there are ways we can make the quizzing experience in Rise 360 even better, so let me acknowledge those points.

We are tracking requests for:

• Separating the correct answers from question feedback
  • Adding images as answer choices in quiz questions, knowledge checks, and the sorting activity
  • Adding a sorting question type
  • Combining multiple quiz results

Anthony also asked about being able to have both randomly selected questions and anchor questions that learners always experience in a quiz. Question banks makes that possible! You can have multiple draws within a quiz, mixing and matching different question banks and different draw options, random or specific. Check out my Peek 360 screencast for more detail!

Crystal Horn

Anthony, I'd love a little clarification on #5.

• Do you need to have multiple quizzes throughout your course and then have the score aggregated from all of them?
  • Or are you looking to use multiple question banks for "sections" of questions within the same quiz? This is possible right now by adding as many draws as you need. However, there is no section headers that learners would see for groups of questions.

Thanks!

Anthony Goss

Hi, Crystal. The aggregate score feature in Rise has been a much requested feature by many in the forum, so yes, I would like to see this developed. However, the ability to draw from multiple question banks and single questions is what I needed to see in the immediate future. It looks like that is already available based on your video. Thanks for showing me that. 

Earlier, I forgot to add the request for a hotspot type question. This would be another much needed option for my development. 

Eric Miclot

Has anyone had issues with multiple response and matching questions not being graded correctly?

I noticed this last week, but after deleting the questions and rebuilding them, the issue seemed to be corrected. 

Over the weekend, I sent a preview to my client and they found the issue on their end.