New Feature in Rise 360: Question Banks

Apr 05, 2022

Rise 360 just keeps getting better. Today we released a new feature called question banks. 

Thanks to question banks, you can now create randomized quizzes in Rise 360 by drawing from a bank of prepared questions. This is especially useful when you want to make sure learners see something different each time they retake a quiz.

With the quiz question bank feature, you can create a set of questions once, and reuse that bank as many times as you want in the same course or even across multiple courses. What a huge timesaver!

You also have the flexibility to use question banks for knowledge check blocks or quizzes—giving you options for how and when you want to check or test a learner’s knowledge.

To create a quiz question bank, click Question Banks and select New Bank.

Give your question bank a name and select Create Question Bank.

From there, create and add questions to the bank just as you would when building a quiz lesson.

And there’s no limit on how many question banks you can create. To help you stay organized, you can organize your question banks into different folders. For example, you could create a folder for each course or topic.

And if you’re an Articulate 360 Teams subscriber, you have even more ways to work together. With question banks, you can easily share question bank folders with other team members to ensure consistency across your organization’s courses. You can even assign different roles to each member—manager, editor, or viewer— depending on the level of access they need.

We think you’re going to love this new Rise 360 quizzing feature and can’t wait to hear what you think!

144 Replies
Samantha Kiln

Thank you - this new feature is the answer to my prayers as I'm creating my first course in Rise on Food Safety and want to have a question bank for the summative assessment (as we currently do in Storyline) with a large number of questions pulled randomly for users to answer.

One quick observation this morning as I build my quiz using these new features; are there any plans to have a drag and drop option?  If not, would it be possible to add a feature where you can build a drag and drop in Storyline and have an import function like you can in a Rise course interactive block? 

Kristýna Vitásková

Hi, I confirm the behaviour as Knowledgefront Digital Learning mentioned: if you turn of the Reveal Answers option, it doesn't show any feedback which is connected to the question and when you submit an answer, then you go directly to next question.

What are we waiting for is the feedback and revealing correct answers is not connected.

Donald Kerns

I am pleased to finally see the Question Bank BETA. However, to be really useful, it needs a question IMPORT capability so people don't have to retype or copy/paste all their questions into the question bank(s) (e.g., use the same file format as Storyline: https://community.articulate.com/articles/articulate-storyline-3-user-guide-how-to-import-questions-from-excel-spreadsheets-and-text-files).

Alis Nikolson

If a question is added from the bank into a quiz that Developer #1 is working on, and another Developer (#2) edits the question in the bank later to include that question which they changed in their quiz, does it affect the import of Developer #1's question? Rather, is the question imported and the connection with the bank broken at that point, or does it retain connectivity with the bank until it is published?

Karl Muller

Hi, 

I've found an unexpected issue.

Scenario:

1. Created a Question Bank
  2. Created a Quiz that draws 4 random questions from a question bank of 5 questions.
  3. Previewed the Quiz, and everything worked fine.
  4. Returned to the Question Bank and edited the questions, e.g. added an image to each question.
  5. Previewed the Quiz again (same quiz used in step 2-3). The quiz questions did not reflect the changes made to the question bank.
  6. I had to Edit the Question Draw for the edited questions to appear in the quiz.

Based on this test, it seems the Question Bank questions are not drawn from the question bank dynamically. Rather the questions are copied from the Question Bank into the Course where the Quiz is located. 

Has anyone else experienced the same issues?

Kenn Eglauer

This seems like a great feature.  I am having trouble setting the number of questions for the draw though.  I am just experimenting with a 10 question quiz and so far I can only set it to draw one question randomly.  It seems that I do not have the next drop down under Random questions as shown in the article.  I have attached a screenshot.

Is there a second setting that I need to enable?

Thanks for the help.

Kenn

Kenn Eglauer

Initially no changes to the question bank.  I had 3 questions and tried the draw.  No drop down.  I made 7 more in the hopes that the draw just required more questions to choose from.  Subsequently, I just tried inserting the draw again (after deleting the first block) and there still is no drop down to indicate the number of questions. 

I assume that I can insert questions one at a time but it seems that Articulate did not intend for the quiz draw to be this way.  I also feel like the quiz will not behave properly and even if the learner gets the wrong answer they can move on.  I am hoping that the quiz will need a certain pass mark before it will submit the results to an LMS.

Any other help is appreciated.

Thanks

Kenn

Michelle Manbeck

Curious as to why question banks don't work when exported to Rise.com. Is this currently on the roadmap? 

Also, I see that there is no limit to the number of question banks you can have, but are there limits to the number of questions within a question bank?

Is there a limit to the number of questions in a quiz in Rise 360 - Newbie here :)

Christopher Santos

Hi there, Michelle.  Welcome to the world of Articulate!

Question Banks are still in development for Rise.com, which is why you can't export courses that contain them from Rise 360.  We'll let you know as soon as we hear any updates from our development team.

We also don't impose a maximum limit on the number of questions - with or without using Question Banks.  

I hope this information helps!