New Feature in Rise 360: Question Banks

Apr 05, 2022

Rise 360 just keeps getting better. Today we released a new feature called question banks. 

Thanks to question banks, you can now create randomized quizzes in Rise 360 by drawing from a bank of prepared questions. This is especially useful when you want to make sure learners see something different each time they retake a quiz.

With the quiz question bank feature, you can create a set of questions once, and reuse that bank as many times as you want in the same course or even across multiple courses. What a huge timesaver!

You also have the flexibility to use question banks for knowledge check blocks or quizzes—giving you options for how and when you want to check or test a learner’s knowledge.

To create a quiz question bank, click Question Banks and select New Bank.

Give your question bank a name and select Create Question Bank.

From there, create and add questions to the bank just as you would when building a quiz lesson.

And there’s no limit on how many question banks you can create. To help you stay organized, you can organize your question banks into different folders. For example, you could create a folder for each course or topic.

And if you’re an Articulate 360 Teams subscriber, you have even more ways to work together. With question banks, you can easily share question bank folders with other team members to ensure consistency across your organization’s courses. You can even assign different roles to each member—manager, editor, or viewer— depending on the level of access they need.

We think you’re going to love this new Rise 360 quizzing feature and can’t wait to hear what you think!

144 Replies
David Maddocks
SibaPrasad Padhi

I am unable to share my question bank from Rise to another course author. Can this feature activate , so that when i send a copy of my course to another Articulate user, the source file for question bank also get transferred.

Thanks, SibaPrasad. My question exactly.

Crystal Horn

Hi Alexandria! As far as clicking the random sampling of questions, when you add a draw from your question bank to the quiz:

1. Choose the question bank option
  2. Click the bank you want to draw from
  3. Make sure "random" is selected
  4. Indicate the number of questions you'd like randomly drawn from the bank. 

Here's what that process looks like:

recording of steps for adding random question bank draws

Let us know if that doesn't answer your question!

Karl Muller

Hi Patrik,

For some reason you are missing the drop-down that allows you to choose the number of of questions in the draw.

What is odd in your screenshot, is that to the right of the question type, it should show the Question stem.

But in your screenshot it is not showing the question stem. Instead it's showing:

• A
  • T
  • N
  • Etc.
Patrik Löfvin

Hi Karl! Yes I noticed that that option was missing and that was my question, if anyone knew why it's missing and how to get it back. 

Regarding the question stem, in my screenshot I removed the full text of the question just to post here, but it is showing as it should in my course. That was maybe a bit confusing, but it isn't looking like that in the course. 

Barbara Lenze
Patrik Löfvin

Hi! I have an issue with the option for number of questions in draw doesn't show. I can only have one question from the question bank in the draw

Anyone who knows why and how it can be fixed? I've made 16 different question banks and they all have the same issue. 

Hello everyone! I have the same problem. The menu to select the number of random questions is not displayed. When I select "specific questions", i can select only one question (see screenshots attached). However, I would like to select multiple questions in a stack.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Patrik and Barbara. For knowledge check blocks, you'll only be able to draw a single random question at a time. Each question will require a new knowledge check block to track for block completion. Because it's within a lesson, the structure is different than quizzes.

Let me know if you have questions, or if you're seeing this behavior within a quiz!

Kelly Auner

Hi Igor,

Thanks for reaching out! I understand you're experiencing an issue adding questions from a question bank. I'd like to ask a few clarifying questions to help me troubleshoot.

• First, I'd like to confirm that you created your question bank as outlined here.
  • Is this happening in preview mode in addition to the published output?
  • Is there an issue loading any other part of your course?

I'll look out for your response!

Barbara Kopf

Hello Kelly

as I am having the same exact issue Igor was reporting, I thought I could answer the questions directed at him.

I created the question bank according to the outline.

I am currently in preview mode. 

I do not have any problems with any other part of the course. Questions I add manually are shown immediately. Only the question bank part looks like it is loading for ever to no avail.

Thank you for your help

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Chris! Sounds like you're having trouble adding images to your questions within a question bank. Is that correct?

I can upload my own images and add content library photos to my quiz questions within a bank. During a preview of my quiz, those images appeared fine. If you can create a screencast or even send a couple of screenshots of the issue to us, we can find out what's going on! Click here to connect with us directly.

Crystal Horn

Barbara, thanks so much for your reply here. 

I see that you have a case with my teammate, Mcgem, where we seem to have narrowed down the issue to questions with images. If you've had a chance to try his version of those image files, please reply back to him with your results. We want to make sure you're all set!