New Feature in Rise 360: Question Banks

Apr 05, 2022

Rise 360 just keeps getting better. Today we released a new feature called question banks. 

Thanks to question banks, you can now create randomized quizzes in Rise 360 by drawing from a bank of prepared questions. This is especially useful when you want to make sure learners see something different each time they retake a quiz.

With the quiz question bank feature, you can create a set of questions once, and reuse that bank as many times as you want in the same course or even across multiple courses. What a huge timesaver!

You also have the flexibility to use question banks for knowledge check blocks or quizzes—giving you options for how and when you want to check or test a learner’s knowledge.

To create a quiz question bank, click Question Banks and select New Bank.

Give your question bank a name and select Create Question Bank.

From there, create and add questions to the bank just as you would when building a quiz lesson.

And there’s no limit on how many question banks you can create. To help you stay organized, you can organize your question banks into different folders. For example, you could create a folder for each course or topic.

And if you’re an Articulate 360 Teams subscriber, you have even more ways to work together. With question banks, you can easily share question bank folders with other team members to ensure consistency across your organization’s courses. You can even assign different roles to each member—manager, editor, or viewer— depending on the level of access they need.

We think you’re going to love this new Rise 360 quizzing feature and can’t wait to hear what you think!

144 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hell DeeMichele,

If you need to share your question banks with colleagues who do not have an Articulate 360 subscription, you can create a new Rise 360 course and then do the following: 

1. Insert the question banks that you would like your SMEs to review into the newly created course.
  2. Publish your Rise 360 course to Review 360.
  3. Share the Review 360 link with your SMEs for review.

This will have the added benefit of being able to accept comments from your SMEs that you will then be able to reference later when when needing to make edits to the question banks. 

Gren Foronda

Hi Stuart! 

Currently, the Number of questions in draw option isn't included in the Knowledge Check blocks. We're tracking requests for this feature and we'll let you know of updates that can help!

In the meantime, you can add more Knowledge Check blocks should you wish to draw more questions from the bank.

Let us know if you need anything else!
Anne De Felice

Hi Gren, thanks so much!!

The only other question I have is why updates to the Question Bank don't automatically update in the course where a Draw has been created from the Question Bank.  (In my course, I created a Draw which draws all questions. After this there no longer seems to be any connection to the Question Bank. So, if I make updates in the Question Bank, I have to delete all the questions from Rise course one-by-one, and then re-add the Question Draw.

Thanks,

Anne

Karl Muller

Hi Anne,

Not sure why you need to delete questions from your Rise Quiz after making edits to the Questions in the bank.

When I draw questions from a Question Bank into a Rise quiz, I don't see any questions in my Rise Quiz. All I see is the Draw page as shown below. I need to do a Preview to see the Quiz questions.

Once I have edited questions in an existing question bank, I just re-do the draw in Rise by clicking on EDIT as shown below, and then click on INSERT DRAW. That will pull in the revised questions into the Rise quiz.

Hazel Bartolome

Hi Brandie! I understand the option "Take again"  shows up when the retry setting is set to one. That would mean 1 retry. Please set it to 0 so that the learner will take the quiz only once, and there are no more retries allowed.

More information about Quiz Settings is found here.

Hope this helps you!

travis begay

When using the question bank within a quiz, you can choose a certain number of questions to offer to the learner from a vast number of questions (The option to use is "Number of questions in the draw"). Is there a plan to add this feature to a Knowledge Check block in the near future?

I understand in the meantime to add more Knowledge Check blocks. The issue I've encountered is that a question can be drawn again, so I see the same question two or more times. Is there a solution to this problem?

Angelo Cruz

Hello Travis! Since a knowledge check is only one question, there's no number of questions option like there is for quizzes.

I can see how selecting random questions might be an issue with your design. In this case, you can exclude a question from the random draw. Just hover over the question you've used previously and click Exclude from draw.

You can learn more about using Question Banks in Knowledge Checks in the article below:

Rise 360: Use Question Banks to Create Knowledge Checks and Quizzes