Poppins and Arial in Rise.

Aug 15, 2023

I want to use Arial. I seem not to find the Arial font on font squirrel. Is Poppins comparable to Arial in Rise ?

8 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Rita! 

I understand that you are looking for the Arial font to be used in Rise. There is no need to download it since it is available in Rise.

Please open your Rise course, go to Theme>Fonts>More Tab, and choose the Arial font from there. You can choose it as a Headings or a Body font. Here's a screenshot for your reference:

Hope this helps you!

Christopher Santos

Hi Russell,

You can upload Arial as a custom font.  You may refer to this article for more information on how to do that.  I'm not sure if Arial is indeed available in Font Squirrel, but it should be available in your computer.  For Windows, it should be located in C:\Windows\Fonts folder.  You can grab the Arial TTF file from this folder and use that to convert it to WOFF files, as described in the above article.

Russell Engoran

Hi Christopher,

I saw that article.

Unfortunately, according to Microsoft documentation, it’s not legal to either convert Windows fonts for use on a webserver or convert a font to the formats typically associated with web fonts, such as the WOFF or WOFF2 format.

Any thoughts or suggestions on that? Is what you are suggesting technically legal?

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/typography/fonts/font-faq#web

Russell Engoran

Thanks for trying to help Phil!

I'm sure they do have Arial installed. However, I cannot select Arial as the font for my course in RISE. That is the real issue.

And from what I can tell, that article only tells you how to edit the code AFTER you export out of RISE. It still does not let you select the font in RISE so you can format your course properly.

If I did edit the code after exporting, all the formatting would be messed up so that would not really help anyway.