Prevent SL import text from dynamically resizing upon browser width resizing

Sep 22, 2023

Hi,  Is there a method to prevent the imported SL text to NOT resize dynamically after it's imported into a RISE scene? 

(The RISE text does not dynamically resize for browser width, but the SL import text does resize, and then the two text blocks do not match.)

Also--Do developers typically avoid using any RISE text on a scene (page) where they have imported a SL slide -- in order to avoid this phenomena?  (Such as  paragraph block just above or below the SL import block.)

I'm not finding any other forum posts with this issue (except where developers have used variables; or where they did not turn off the switch for "auto fit" text - in the SL source file before publishing for the RISE import.  

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies
Diane Western

I found a lesson or module that someone posted in response to their question; it seems everyone has this issue. 

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/rise-360-does-anyone-have-any-tips-for-design-consistencywhen-adding-custom-interactive-storyline-blocks-please

I will describe my issue again in a different way.  One Forum poster's example is really great:

"Hi -- This looks like the SL import here (in your course example.)   This is where I also have a challenge, too (similar to a woman in the Articulate forum) -- reconciling the 2 tools/platforms:

If the User resizes their browser to say, 50% of the screen width or 35%, then --
SL is being resized with the actual text size (which becomes reduced); but RISE merely resizes the block to spill downwards vertifically - with no text size adjustments.

So, during the review process (internal) reviewers are telling me to enlarge the SL import, but on my end, the text is giant because I  work in full screen, full width; the reviewers are working with 2/3 or 50% width of their browser open (probably due to the RISE review screen having this right side taking up real estate.)

Anyway, to me, the two platforms are going to be tricky at best in this regard (because the text gets resized in SL, but not RISE.)  That difference is being thought of as a defect or error during our team's course reviews.
Jose Tansengco

Hello Diane, 

Happy to help!

There isn't a way to prevent the embedded Storyline 360 block from scaling down, but you can prevent the block from scaling up to prevent the text from becoming too large. You can do this by locking the player at optimal size so that the slide won't scale up in Rise 360. Keep in mind this option is only available with the Classic Player. Here's an example of what an embedded Storyline 360 block which uses a classic player looks like. 

Let me know if that works for you!