Recovering deleted blocks

Jun 11, 2018

Curious if there's a way to recover deleted block from Rise. Somehow several blocks disappeared from one of my courses and I'm hoping to recover them. Is there a version history that I ca access to track these down? Thanks! 

79 Replies
Wendy Zopf

Yes, please improve this functionality!  Either a "longer" undo button or previous version feature. 

Just a side note for those who are dealing with this - I have started publishing my Rise modules to Review 360 often.  I still have to recreate a mistakenly deleted block in Rise, but I at least have the text/design from Review to go by since Review has the previous versions feature.  Hope this helps! 

Tim O

Adding my vote to creating a better information recovery system.

Another solution that might prevent a number of these issues is to have a more protective system for deleting content. Requiring the deletion to be confirmed or even holding the delete button for a second or two before the content would prevent a number of accidental removals.

Spencer Ragland

This is obviously a huge issue. I accidentally deleted a block that had a video attached. The file was added by a previous employee. No way to recover it! Judging by this forum, making an undo option should be a top priority. 

Here's the first 2 steps of your process, are there any answers yet?

1. Feature requests start with our customer support team. First, we check if there’s already a way to do what you’re asking. If there is, we’ll let you know. If not, we go to step 2
  2. We consider the value this potential new feature would offer to our customers. We ask ourselves:
    • Will this feature meaningfully improve the experience of working with our software
    • Will it benefit a majority of users?

If we feel like the answer is “yes!”, we bring the request to our product development team

Jon Foley

Wow! This has now happened to me three times and I'm a new user! I now understand what is happening, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do much about it. PLEASE fix this, perhaps by allowing the UNDO button to last longer! I don't want to have to save a bunch of versions. I would literally have to save versions every few minutes!

Peter Johnson

I just deleted several lessons from a course in error. A few minutes later, I discovered the mistake only to discover from this Discussion that Rise does not have a version control system built into the system.

Please add my vote in pushing this up the list for future additional features

Thanks.

PS - As a workaround, I'm now Exporting my work each day as a Web folder so at least I have the content in case I have to rebuild a section in the future.  Built in version control would be so much smoother and efficient.

Stuart Rosen

Same thing happened to me. All the blocks in a lesson disappeared while I was working in other lessons. Now I've got a couple hours of extra work to redo them, trying to remember what I wrote.

I'd like to see one or more of these features:

• A delete confirmation prompt whenever we click to delete something, accidentally or intentionally.
  • A longer duration for the Undo feature.
  • A way to easily save versions, or even an automatic versioning feature that will save work every x minutes.

Work disappearing when its Delete button has not been clicked is a major bug that needs to be fixed. 

- Unhappy Rise user

Jennifer Miramontes

I'd like to add my name to the list of users who is unhappy that there is no solution to the undo feature. That button disappears way too quickly and is too difficult to see. An errant click and content you have been diligently working on is simply GONE. With multiple contributors, it can be hard to get the right verbiage back.