Remove lesson number in RISE

Aug 20, 2019

Hi all, 

I have removed the lesson label from my Rise course. Toggled off the Lesson Count Label in the navigation setting but the less0n number still appears- is there a way to remove the number? Any help much appreciated. ( see image) 

Thank you

Gemma

26 Replies
Karl Muller

All of our courses have a few Rise "Lessons" that contain general/administrative information and they are not numbered manually. Then we have Rise Lessons that contain actual learning content and they are numbered by us. But because Rise numbers everything from the top down, the built-in numbers are either out of synch or not required at all.

We get frequent questions from our users about this issue.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Gemma. Another option would be to remove the previous and next navigation from your lessons, and to use a continue button as the last block in your lesson. It will automatically open the next lesson and you can label it how you'd like. Alternatively, you could use a button block.

You'll want to keep the sidebar available so users can navigate back to previous lessons. Here's how that option looks.

Karl Muller

Crystal provides some good work-arounds but be aware of the following:

Both suggestions will result in the loss of the PREVIOUS button/link functionality at the top of the page.

Using a CONTINUE block as the last block works as described, but after using the continue button once it disappears. The Continue button will only appear again if you end that session and return later.

Using a Button block solves the disappearing button problem as it is always there. However, a button block comes with some caption text on the left that may not be required. While this text can be deleted, the button always appears right of center on the page.

Jeff Forrer

Perhaps a different option?
Does anyone know how to adjust the resulting output files after publishing to remove the numbers? 

I have been dealing with this for all my courses, and end up having useless numbers ahead of each title which my clients do not like, but I tell them they have no other option right now. 

Any help appreciated!

Joyce Maurin

Hello!

I need the some fix. Feel free to open a feature request so they'll maybe take care of this someday: https://articulate.com/support/contact/feature-request

Here is my request:

Please, can you remove the numbers on the Previous & Next Buttons when we check off the "Lesson Count Labels" option? If we want the number to appear we'll add it on the title directly so it appears on the menu as well...

It really does not seem complicated and will avoid to use the workaround presented by Karl Muller on this related discussion.

Jeremy Jennings

Hey Kristen. I don't work for Articulate but I have a solution that is simple. In a text editor, open main.bundle.js.

Edit main.bundle.js

Set o=t.nextNumber
to o=""

Set i=n.previousNumber
to i=""

Save the file. Done.

I've read previous posts where they consider this "complicated" because it deals with javascript but that's literally all you have to do.

Jeremy Jennings

Hi Gemma,

This post is 2 years old so I didn't reply directly to you but thought I would in case you are still trying to remove these numbers. Here is the solution:

Edit main.bundle.js

Set o=t.nextNumber
to o=""

Set i=n.previousNumber
to i=""

Save the file. Done.

I've read previous posts where they consider this "complicated" because it deals with javascript but that's literally all you have to do.

Chino Navarro

Hi folks, good news! We fixed the issue in Rise 360 where the lesson number will appear in the Continue button when navigation is turned off, lesson numbers are turned off and the quiz is set to require a passing score. 

If the problem happens again, please share a screencast with us and upload it here, we'll be happy to help!