Removing the default "Lesson" tag for each component in Rise

Dec 08, 2016

I am liking Rise, but there is one area that I am unable to find a fix for.

When I prepare a list of components (Blocks, quizzes, etc.), Rise will automatically label this as a Lesson and then number it in the order it appears in my list of components (Lesson 1, Lesson 2, etc.). 

This is a hindrance, as when I title my new component, for example, Lesson 1, the default Rise Lesson # will appear first.  Such as this:

My wording = Lesson 1,   but it appears as  Lesson 2- Lesson 1 ... 

See the screenshots for more clarification on this.

Default Rise label   Lesson

The above screenshot shows what Rise does automatically, I have two Lesson labels above, I want to remove the default Lesson 2 - before the title of my customized lesson (Lesson 1 here).

Below is a list of all of the customized components I created. AS you can see, Lesson 1 is second in order of appearance, and thus Rise labels it by defualt as Lesson 2....

All of my customizd components

11 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Stacy,

Thanks for sharing the images here, really helpful to see what the set up looks like you for you and how that's behaving. 

The labels can't be edited today, but luckily that's on our roadmap as a new feature! It's slated for release in Q1 of 2017, so we'll keep you posted! Since features are released to Rise once they're ready and available you'll probably even see it before I get a chance to tell you. ;-) 

Stephanie Harnett

If you need to do this now you can do with a little post publish hack. It will take upkeep since each time you publish you will need to edit the output so it might be better to wait for this to be built into Rise.

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise/here-s-how-to-change-the-start-course-button-and-lesson-references-in-rise

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hello All!

Happy to announce that you can now customize the default text labels in Rise. This gives you the ability to make built-in course elements, such as buttons and lesson headers, say what you want them to say.

Brian has started a great discussion here if you'd like to check it out and you can find our support documentation here.

As always, we keep our Rise Version History up to date too.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Kim!

The numbers are automatically set by Rise,but you can change the text surrounding it. The current set up is Lesson # of #.  You can change those elements in bold. 

If you'd like to have the ability to remove the numbers entirely, we'd love to have that feedback in a Feature request here!