review Quiz answers?

Jul 30, 2019

Hi there,

Is there a way to let your users review their answers after completing a quiz? If I don't reveal the answer immediately, they don't get a chance to see which questions they got right or wrong, only a score. I'd like to give feedback on which questions they got wrong so they can refer to the learning material and try again.

thx.

48 Replies
RFD Academy

With everyone being so nice about this clear shortcoming of your system why isn't it fixed yet? Is it because you're taking advantage of their patience and "niceness"?  Sure looks like it. It's how I feel...I have hundreds of students that want immediate feedback, but YOU have made it I can't, without turning a test into a Participation Award fest. Who thought it was a good idea to just give testers the answers? Or make the paying end user do extra work to overcome your platform's shortcoming? Bet this won't stay in the comments.

Katherine Thelander

+1

It's kinda crazy how this thread has been up for over a year and there are plenty others with the same/similar idea that have been up for over 3 years. Everyone knows things take time but one of the current roadmap items is - Quiz Question Banks - Create randomized quizzes by drawing from a bank of prepared questions.

That's a great additional feature, but we're currently missing a core function. Showing that an answer is incorrect without giving away the correct answer is crucial to good learning, learners need to know exactly where they need to improve without then being handed the answer.

And yes, of course we can build this in Storyline, but this is a fundamental aspect to feedback. It's strange how Rise can have so many things right then miss the mark like this.

Mark Banit

Worthy advice. Don't understand Articulate's complete lack of desire to address requests with so much community support. Had thought for a bit that they had put new features on hold to address all of their accessibility deficiencies, but I was clearly wrong on that as they have been dragging their feet on that too (Rise was supposed to be fully accessibly by end of 2020...and here we are still waiting for that to happen, when it should have just been built in from the start....)

joel colley

+1 for me as well, have just come up against this now. Adding in a Storyline quiz as a Storyline block doesn't look as good aesthetically and the continue button I added in after the quiz seems to appear even if the learner fails the quiz and needs to redo 1-2 questions. Using the built in quiz feature in Rise with additional capability is the ideal. 

Jeffrey Fantell

My name is Steve Ellis and I’m putting a program together for Jeff. It is disappointing that there have been no apparent efforts by Articulate to resolve this issue for over three years now. Feedback is critical, especially with online learning. For me, this problem has hit in two ways. First, if I incorporate a knowledge check (either a multiple choice or multiple response) into the lesson, the user will see the selected answer as well as all the other answers and be given an option to retry. Why would the individual choose to retry when the correct answer has now been revealed? With the quiz/assessment option, we can select to hide the answers, but now any per-choice feedback we want to give is now hidden and the user is left uncertain as to what response was incorrect and, therefore, what to review to improve understanding. Please get this fixed.