Rise 360 update- Share Link

Feb 03, 2020

Hi everyone,

I got an email about new update of Articulate Rise and it says "Currently, you can use the share link to embed Rise 360 content on a website using an iframe. This isn’t the best way to share content because malicious users could potentially impersonate Rise 360 content. That’s why we’re going to make an update that will prevent embedding of Rise 360 content using a share link. Instead, you’ll need to publish your course for web and embed that content on your site. You can learn more about the best ways to share your courses here."

And I am a bit concerned because we have an internal page where we put share links of the contents and everybody who has access to this page can see the courses. Before this update do we need to take any action? Will share links work or not? I also didn`t understand the meaning of "share link to embed", for example if we share the links via email, does it work or not? 

Could someone can explain me bit detailed? Many thanks, Zehra

8 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Zehra! Here are a few points that will clarify the change happening on April 6th:

• You can still send people the Share link so they can view your content!
  • If you've exported your course for LMS or web, you can embed that packaged content in a website or learning management system using an iframe.
  • On April 6, any website which is using an iframe code that includes the Share URL of a Rise 360 course will no longer display your course, no matter when the share link was generated. 

This means if you add a Rise course to your website using this code: <iframe src="https://rise.articulate.com/share/1234567abcdef"></iframe>, it will stop working on that date.

It sounds like you have not used an iframe code like the one above, so there's nothing you'll need to do. Your share links will continue to work.

We're happy to help with any questions or concerns. Just post them here or reach out to us directly!

Judith Reymond

Ok... just to clarify  my understanding of the the point ...

If you've exported your course for LMS or web, you can embed that packaged content in a website or learning management system using an iframe....

Our LMS used iframes with embedded content.  We can use SCORM to embed our Rise courses without a problem then?

Frazzled,

Judith Reymond

Judith Reymond

Me again....

I found this statement on another discussion of the same topic

The change we're making only impacts that link if you're embedding it using an iframe.

How does this statement compare with

If you've exported your course for LMS or web, you can embed that packaged content in a website or learning management system using an iframe....

My apologizes for being a dunce, but what is the difference between these two cases?

Judith Reymond

Please do. Glad I can help!

***Due to Florida's very broad public records law, most written communications to or from Tallahassee Community College employees regarding College business are public records, available to the public and media upon request. Therefore, this email communication and your response may be subject to public disclosure.***