Rise - Adding a lesson title to content already created

Mar 21, 2023

Hello All,  Within the Rise table of contents - how do we connect content to a lesson title.  I am revising a previous version of the course and the lesson titles were not created.  Thank you!Table of contents

3 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Nan,

Not sure that I fully understand your question, but based on your screenshot, this is what I see:

POP Tool: this item was created as a Rise Lesson, and its content can be added/edited by clicking on EDIT CONTENT.

Learning Objective. The name Learning Objective was entered, but you have not yet chosen whether it will be a Lesson or Quiz.  You next need to click on ADD CONTENT and choose the type for this item. Then you create blocks or questions based on your selection.

The name Invoice Analysis was entered, but you have not yet pressed the Enter key to create the item.

Nan Stombaugh

Hi Karl,

Let me clarify - the content is already made under the "POP Tool." Specifically, I would like to create subcategories "Introduction," "Analysis," and "Further Investigations." 

Can a table of contents (TOC) be added in a Rise course after the content has already been designed. 

Thank you, Nan

Karl Muller

Hi Nan,

When you export a course, Rise automatically creates a Table of Contents based on the Lessons that appear at the first level of your Course, e.g. the items shown in your screen shot.

Rise cannot create a TOC for what is within individual Lessons.

Rise also does not allow you to create links to blocks within the same Lesson, so you cannot create a manual TOC in a Rise Lesson.