Rise-Buttons and PDF Link

Sep 19, 2018

Is there an option to directly link a PDF file in Rise using the current button feature available without using a web link just as you are able to do with the PDF attachment feature?

13 Replies
David Tait

Not sure if this is related but I've noticed an issue this week where the last block in a lesson doesn't display correctly too.

I think it's to do with the block animation and the fact that the block doesn't load until it comes in to focus.

I had to switch off the block animations as I was under time-pressure to get the job out but hopefully this can be fixed.

Mollie McCormick

Now back to the original question: Can the next release include an option to download by using the Button block? The attachment block is pretty unattractive and doesn't allow you to explain anything about the attachment. For example, I want to offer a downloadable job aid throughout the course, and the button layout is nice for that, but I cannot do this with the button right now. Maybe just allow the button to link to something in the Media Library of the course?

Mollie McCormick

Thanks for the tip, but this won’t work for those of us who don’t host ourselves. You can’t hand over a course to put on someone’s LMS and ask them to keep track of a hidden course or document – it needs to be self-contained. Ideally, you could upload the doc to go along with the course, such as to the media library for the course.

Joan Melgaard

Any progress on this? We have users who think they have been kicked out of the course because the PDF opens in a NEW WINDOW and not a NEW TAB in the same window. Is there a way to get the PDF to open as a new tab in the same window as we can do in both Presenter and Storyline.

This is something that can happen in responsive HTML, do I don't understand why it isn't built into Rise.