RISE - Cannot upload Cover Photo

Mar 01, 2017

While the site was down yesterday i was working on a project. I tried to upload a cover photo. Well, that is when i heard about the site issues. Today everything was fine and I completed the project but I still cannot upload a photo. I have an error message that cannot be cleared. I really don't want to start from scratch again.

31 Replies
Justin Grenier

Thanks for telling us about this, Philip.  We don't want you to start from scratch either!  I have two questions:

1. Is this specific to one image file you're uploading, or is there an issue with any photo you try?
  2. Would you mind sending us the Rise SHARE link for this course?  You can click here to send it privately if you'd prefer.

We'll get to the bottom of this!

Alyssa Gomez

Yikes, that's a long time to be stuck! I'm glad you reached out--I can help. 😀

In the course settings, under Cover Photo, do you see the trash can icon? If so, is the picture deleted if you click the icon?

Also, what browser were you using when this happened? These are supported for authoring Rise courses. Have you tried uploading the cover photo in a different browser?

I'd be interested to try the upload on my end, if you don't mind sending me a copy of the image file. I'll be standing by!

Wayne Sykes

Hello,
I am having a similar issue with the cover photo upload error, the error message below can not be removed, there is no trash can icon or ability to delete;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Error><Code>AccessDenied</Code><Message>Request has expired</Message><Expires>2017-10-17T17:02:45Z</Expires><ServerTime>2017-10-17T20:43:33Z</ServerTime><RequestId>35A851F69384F2AB</RequestId><HostId>WGSinoYewZHlbDw7yEh+y3LQth46uZ+A+k1xvw4y2YaT+ZKVFbfq+qt60VEnbTe1SexeGxfRfvs=</HostId></Error>

can I get assistance

on resetting or removing this error so I can select another image?

Zahari Mladenov

Hello,

I have problem when I try to upload video in mp4 format.

It happanes with every video captured with articulate screen recording.

This is the error: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>< Error><Code>SignatureDoesNotMatch</Code><Message>The request signature we calculated does not match the signature you provided. Check your key and signing method.</