Rise Continue Block not unlocking

Feb 16, 2023

Hi community,

I have inserted a continue block/ edited so learners cannot continue on until they have completed the previous block (which is a SL interaction for them to click on hotspots taking them to online policies to read). I am finding when reviewing this, the block doesn't change to Continue to then be able to move on. Its quite frustrating.

I created appropriate completion triggers in the storyline interaction, doesn't appear to have made a difference.

I have attached here a Peek video here. Would be extremely grateful for some advice to resolve this obstacle.

3 Replies
Marcus Biady

Hello again everyone, figured would quickly add to this help request discussion.

I noticed through my Articulate support ticket that I had to fiddle around with my tracking options when publishing to Review360 (IMAGE attached). The section when publishing the entire project, only gives me the option to either track completion when the learner has viewed 100% of all slides in the project, or 'X' slides of All slides in the project.

In my video 4, these slides relate to different countries that need to perform the same task(s) to complete the sequence (slide 1 is a selection tool only to review which market the learner/ employee operates in).

Ideally, I really need to have the option to track each of slides 2,3,4,5 individually as in this video I am located in Australia and therefore wouldn't need to review the information recorded in the other slides (or select the other country options other than Australia in slide 1).

I hope I was clear about all this. Is there a work around?

Jose Tansengco

Hello Marcus, 

Have you considered counting the number of slides of each of the branches in your course and then setting the tracking option of your course to mark it as complete when the learner views that specific number of slides?

For example, your Storyline 360 course has 4 branches representing 4 countries. If each of these countries has 3 slides, you can then set the tracking option to mark your course as complete after the learner finishes viewing 4 slides (3 +1 for the menu slide).

You can check out this article for more ideas on how you can trigger the Continue block using an embedded Storyline 360 course: 

Judy Nollet

Here's another option: track via Completion trigger(s). 

• If there's one closing slide that all users would visit, put a Completion trigger on that slide.
  • If the different paths lead to different "final" slides, put a Completion trigger on each of those final slides. 

Here's an example of a Completion trigger:

If the course has at least one Completion trigger, you'll be able to check that as the tracking option.