Rise Flashcard: Card background color or image

Feb 03, 2019

Hello

I am wondering if there is a way to change the color of the flashcards themselves in Rise. We are wanting to use our company's branding and image on the flashcards (front and back of cards). Then we need to be able to write on the cards. This would be a nice feature to be added to Rise please.

At the moment, I can only change the card background to an image or text, but not both together.

Thank you

Sumant

29 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Thanks for jumping in here, Michael! :)

Hi Sumant,

Great question! Unfortunately, it's not currently possible to put both text and an image on the same side of a flashcard. 

Michael's workaround seems like it would be the best option for now, however if you have time to log a feature request and tell us more about your specific needs, that would be super helpful!

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Jacqueline,

While there isn't a way to add text over a flashcard image in Rise 360, you could easily add text to an image in PowerPoint. Here's how:

• Open a blank PowerPoint slide, and import the image onto the slide.
  • Add a text box on top of the image, and type the desired text.
  • Select both the image and the text box by holding down the Shift key and clicking both objects.
  • Right-click the selected objects, and choose Group.
  • Right-click the group, and choose Save as Picture.
  • Save the image to your hard drive, then import it into Rise 360.

Let me know if that works for you!

Renz Sevilla

Hi Sherry! You can't change the color of the individual Flashcards themselves, but you can certainly add an image with the color you want with the text already on it. That being said, we understand the need for this so if we make any changes to how the Flashcards work, we'll reach out!

Sherry McKinnis

Hello Renz- Thanks for your reply and for considering a new feature in Rise: the ability to colorize individual flashcards!

Yes, my colleague used your suggestion by creating a background color for each flashcard with text as .jpgs in Adobe Illustrator.
[cid:image001.png@01D768D7.E4DC2910]

I plan to tell her how to use two sets of flashcards so she can have her 4 flashcards appear as 2-up and 2-down like the cards are in a block thanks to the suggestion from one of your readers.

All the best,
Sherry

Jess Simic

People have been asking for this for over 3 years now, and it seems like something that would be a given for FLASH CARDS...you should be able to put both text and images on a card. The workaround is extremely tedious because getting them all sized exactly right is difficult when taking screenshots of text. Can we push this?