Rise Lesson Icons

May 20, 2020

Hello, 

Is it possible to turn of the Rise lesson icons (lesson with three lines and quiz with a question mark in a square) in the final product. These icons aren't intuitive and don't add a lot especially when there are no quizzes in the course.

Thanks,

Sherri

4 Replies
Elizabeth Pawlicki

Hi Sherri!  There's not a way to turn off the lesson icons, but you can change them.  Another thing you could do, if you want your learners to go through your course in a specific order, is set your navigation to "restricted" and turn off the sidebar completely.  Although this will require learners to complete the course in a linear fashion, one impact of it is that it hides the entire course menu at the beginning.  

Mark Shepherd

Hi Sherri:

REQUESTED from Articulate (ie: "New Feature Request" for Rise 360): Options for an expanded set of Icons choices, along with an option for a CUSTOMIZED Icon choice. 

I'm not a huge fan of this Rise 360 feature either, but I COULD be, if I had more flexibility regarding how it appears and how it's deployed in the preview of the overall course content.

Sincerely,

-Mark

Mark Shepherd, e-Learning Developer
Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI)
Ottawa, Canada
mshepherd@cihi.ca