Rise lesson jumps to bottom block

Sep 22, 2023

I have a Rise lesson with 4 blocks in it: paragraph, embedded webpage (with iframe), paragraph with heading, and embedded pdf (iframe generated by sharepoint). When the learner continues on from one lesson to the next, the lesson scrolls down and defaults to the last block in the lesson (embedded iframe generated by sharepoint), skipping the other 3 blocks. How can I prevent this without using "continue" blocks, as that wouldn't make sense for this lesson?

In troubleshooting, I've discovered: if the embedded file is displayed as "small" it is fine, but if it is displayed as "medium" or "full screen" it jumps to the bottom.

6 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Marie! I'm sorry that's happening. I've shared this behavior with the team, and I'll circle back here once we have a fix in place.

Thanks for that extra detail about the block width -- that workaround will surely help folks who find this discussion! I can understand why you don't want to be limited to small, though.

Eric Santos

Hi Libby,

Sorry to hear you're running into this issue with your Rise courses. We're still looking into this bug with the course immediately jumping to a Rise embed block with Sharepoint content.

Is your Microsoft Form embedded in Sharepoint? If not, could I have you connect with us in a case so we can determine whether the behavior is a new issue or part of the existing one? We'll reach out soon after we hear from you!

Luciana Piazza

Hi Libby, 

Thanks for reaching out!

No worries, I believe Eric was asking if you were utilizing the Sharepoint Embedded feature. Great call opening a support case! I see that you are working with my colleague Jan. They will be in touch with you shortly. You're in excellent hands! 

We'll continue the conversation over in your case. 

Have a great start to your day!