Rise quiz feedback not showing

Jan 09, 2018

Hi

I have an issue whith Rise Quiz related to the questions feedback. I've setup Correct/Incorrect feedback in the quiz, but the feedback doesn't appears unless the quiz option "Reveal answers" is marked "on". However, I don' want to show the learners the correct option after the submission (unless the learner have marked the correct one...)

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance

Pinned Reply
94 Replies
IDEA Team

Hi - It looks like the feature request for delaying the correct answer until after the learner tries again (a designated number of times) has not yet been addressed. Is there any plan to complete that? As many others have chimed in, I want in the formative learning process, after the learner answers the question and gets it wrong, to use the incorrect feedback to help them rethink their answer choice and try again. Having to create storyline quiz questions for this function defeats the purpose of using the much quicker Rise software. The alternate here to have students keep clicking until they get it right, without feedback, teaches learners to not pay attention. 

Ian Blake

This issue is more than 3 years old. Is it something that

1. Has low importance to Articulate
  2. Is impossible / very difficult in the coding
  3. Is a sign that Articulate is not developing its software.

It is frustrating, as quizzes can be used for much more than getting a quick check of people's short-term memory (which is about all you will achieve with a quiz in an e-learning) and be a bit better by allowing people to think and learn from an incorrect answer.

Two years ago I baked this issue it's first birthday cake, looks like I need to dig out the recipe book again...

Glynn Scott

Hi

I am facing the same issue described above. I want to add feedback to the learner in a Rise Quiz which you can do for whether they got the answer right or wrong, but without giving them the answer!! And also in the Quiz section there's no 'Try again' option.

Both  functions need to be made available or the quiz and knowledge sections are a real weakness in design!  From the above looks like this problem has been ongoing for years! Not good as an Articulate customer!!

Glynn Scott

Hi

I am facing the same issue described above. I want to add feedback to the learner in a Rise Quiz which you can do for whether they got the answer right or wrong, but without giving them the answer!! And also in the Quiz section there's no 'Try again' option.

Both  functions need to be made available or the quiz and knowledge sections are a real weakness in design!  From the above looks like this problem has been ongoing for years! Not good as an Articulate customer!!

Glynn Scott

Hi

Kristýna Vitásková
Ian Blake

Happy 4th Birthday!!

This question / issue had it's 4th birthday on 09 January...

Well, here's to 4 more years of workarounds!

Indeed.. the proactivity to hear some of elementary learning needs seems to be "incredible" :(
I really like Rise, but the roadmap and updates are usually not interesting and not so useful for learning designers...

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.