Rise Quiz Settings--no continue button appearing

May 20, 2022

Hello all:

I'm working on a Rise course with graded knowledge checks throughout (using quiz blocks).  The settings are:

Passing Score: 80%

Require Passing Score to Continue: On

Quiz Retries:  Unlimited

Include in Lesson Count: on

Continue Button Style:  Continue Button

When previewing the course, even if I get the quiz questions 100% correct, the only navigation option is to retry the quiz--there is no default or other style of continue button, and I'm stuck (unless I try to navigate using the side bar).

Thoughts?  Have I set this up incorrectly somehow?

20 Replies
Chino Navarro

Hi K. I am here to help. Thanks for confirming that you have a lesson after the quiz and you also tried scrolling down after completing the quiz. The only scenario that I can think of that could cause your issue is when you preview the quiz and not the entire course. Can you try previewing the entire course and see if the Continue button will now appear? If you still don't see the button, feel free to open a support case here: Submit a support case. Our support engineers are ready to help.

Angelo Cruz

Hi Beth! Are you requiring your learners to pass the quiz before they can continue? If so, they will not be able to proceed if they fail the quiz a third time. On your tests, did you also fail the quiz on all attempts?

To allow your users to proceed, you can change the quiz setting or increase the limit of quiz retries. You'll need to publish and upload an updated version for your changes to take effect.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you still have questions.

Jon Whiteley

Hi.

I have an eLearning that within it there is an option to select to take part 'A' for employees, part 'B' for Visitors and part 'C' for contractors (this is by using button stack. At the end of the process there is a short quiz to check understanding and then a summary page.

When completing at gaining 100% in the quiz, I am aiming that the participant then selects the 'CONTINUE' button and enters the Summary lesson, before closing the eLearning.  However instead of a 'CONTINUE' button I get the 'Lessons must be completed in order' button which is locked.

Is it that there is this button stack to jump to specific areas ????

Can you please provide any assistance.

Thanks

Jon

John Morgan

Hi Jon,

Great question! I understand that you are having an issue with continuing through your course. I’d be happy to work with you to get this figured out! I have a follow-up question to better understand how your course is set up.

• Do you have navigation of the course set to "Restrict Navigation"? You can find that setting by following these steps.
  1. Open your course.
  2. Click the Theme button toward the top right of your screen.
  3. Click Navigation in the menu on the left.

Here's a screenshot highlighting the setting.

If you have this setting turned on, you will see the "Lessons must be completed in order" message.

Thanks for reaching out!

Jon Whiteley

John.  Thanks for your prompt response.  I have Navigation turned off, I have done this (as well as turning off Previous / Next Lesson Buttons) as I understood that if these are on then having them on will restrict the ability of a Continue button at the end of a quiz.

Hope this help's, happy to share the project with you if it helps.

Thanks, Jon

Jon Whiteley

The issue appears to be that when an eLearning has a button stack  the continue button at the end of the quiz defaults to "Lessons must be completed in order".

Can the configuration of this button be made user controllable instead of defaulting to "Lessons must be completed in order".

Anyone got any work around???

Thanks

Steven Benassi

Hi Jon!

Thanks for sharing the feedback and troubleshooting steps you've implemented so far!

It would be helpful to see the project file if you're willing to share it here in the discussion or privately through a support case. We'll delete it from our system once troubleshooting is complete!

In the interim, I would defer to our knowledgeable community members who may be able to offer a workaround they found success with.

Christopher Santos

Hi Michael,

Our support team was able to help Jon with his issue regarding the Continue block.  Our investigation indicates an issue with the browser that Jon was using.

We'd be happy to check out your course, too, if that is okay.  You can submit a case with us here, and we'll jump on it as soon as we have it in our queue.

Jon Whiteley

Hi, Although the Articulate team believe it was a browser issue, I have now been able to get back to the project and have tested it on both an Android device as well as using MS Edge and Google Chrome on my laptop and I have exactly the same issue.  When having a button stack near the start of the eLearning, allowing the user to select one of three branches, when the user gets to the end of the eLearning at the very end of a 5 question quiz the continue button says "Lessons must be completed in order".

Looking for some ideas here please.  Happy to share the project with you via a private link, please send me details how I do this.

Thanks   Jon

Jon Whiteley

Micah

Thanks for looking into this button stack issue, not sure what is the best
way to share you as a collaborator to my course??? so have added this reply
to email address, hopefully it works

The course is aimed at Visitors, employees and contractors arriving at one
of our 137 sites and undertaking an electronic site induction.

The simplest route through this eLearning would be as though you are an
employee, the contractor and visitor sections take a bit longer to complete.

There are 5 questions in the quiz, just to make it quick and easy for you
here are the answers to questions......

Question about first aiders - Answer 'Green helmet'

Question about First move forward - Answer 'Reverse parking of vehicles'

Question about Key advice when using a mobile phone - Answer 'Don't walk
and Talk'

Question about site induction validity - Answer '1 Year'

Question about speed limit on site - Answer ' 10mph'

Thank you very much for taking time to look at this project - I am
completely stumped!!!

Thanks, Jon

Jon Whiteley

MP Connect Project Coordinator & Logistics Compliance Manager - South West

Diane Bullock

I had the same problem. Turning off navigation made it work, though I did WANT navigation.  So, I turned it back on.
I found that in preview it wasn't working, as I'd put Restrict Navigation on. However, this is because I was previewing only the quiz (it spotted that I'd skipped chapters). When I previewed the whole project it worked! So at the end I didn't have to turn anything off, it was just the way I was previewing it