RISE Scenario characters (people) not updating

Jul 18, 2022

While developing RISE Scenarios, I have been experiencing a situation where selecting a different version of a character (e.g. changing from "neutral" to "happy") doesn't always update.

More info: while in Scenario edit mode, the text of the dropdown menu updates properly (i.e. changes from "Default" to "Custom.") But upon closing Scenario edit, the new character image is not updated in the Lesson (neither edit nor preview mode). It still displays the previous one.

I have troubleshot extensively to no avail. The only workaround that has been successful for me thus far is to rebuild the scenes, which is...tedious (and doesn't always work the first try). Is this a known issue with a faster solution out there?

2 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Pete! So sorry this is happening! Let's try the following:

1. Please ensure that your browser is updated and that you are using a supported browser.

Once updated, restart your browser and try reaccessing Rise. Does the issue persist?

2. Try other supported browsers and check if you are still getting the issue. This will check if the issue is browser-specific.

3. Please access Rise in Incognito or InPrivate window (Windows: Press Ctrl + Shift + n. Mac: Press ⌘ + Shift + n) Sometimes plugins cause odd behavior. Do you still get the same issue when in Incognito?

4. Restart your computer.

5. If the above steps do not work, kindly try clearing your cache to see if it will resolve the issue. 

Let me know if this works for you!