Rise, Storyline question

May 02, 2023

Hello Everyone, I need to find a program that I can use in my Rise courses for uploading forms to be filled out as an activity in the course.  Does anyone know of a program that I can use for making forms fillable in Rise with feedback for the learner?  I know I can build this in Storyline, but I am looking to upload a form since they are insurance forms.  Will Storyline allow me to upload a form and build the interactivity that way?

5 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hi Christine! I understand you wanted to add an editable form in your Rise course for your learners to fill out.

There isn't a block in Rise that could do this, but you can create an editable PDF form or a Google form and embed it in your Rise course. See the suggestions by Karl and Alyssa in the discussion below:

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/fillable-and-printable-form-embedded-in-rise

I hope this helps!

John Cooper

Hi Christine

We use a slightly different approach using a Storyline block, as you suggest. We capture the data required in Storyline and then use a JavaScript trigger to take the variables and fill out a pdf form template. Once it is completed, we make it available to the learner to download or save.

One of our clients asked us to be able to email the form to the course tutor - again we did this using JavaScript as we don't like using the 'send_to' option as we don't know the learner has an email client loaded.

I can send you more details of this code if you are interested?

Angelo Cruz

Thanks for sharing the screenshot, Christine!

You can follow these steps from Adobe's help center to create a fillable PDF: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/how-to/convert-word-excel-paper-pdf-forms.html

Then you can host it on a web server to get a shareable link. After that, you can embed it in your Rise course.

John also shared a great workaround above using Storyline and JavaScript triggers. You can reach out to him directly for more details.