Rise : Translation issue

Jun 17, 2020

Dear Rise-Team,

I'm assessing Rise for my company and I'm struggling with the translation function.

1. I duplicated the course, exported it as a Xliff including html formatting.
  2. I opened the generated xlf file with XML Notepad and edited some texts to translate them in English.
  3. I saved the file (first trial in .xml, second trial without changing the extension so still .xlf - no difference in my issue).
  4. I imported the file in Rise and got the message "imported successfully".

But the translations are not applied : I still see my French original version.

What did I do wrong?

Kind regards!

12 Replies
Cynthia Manika

I tried to export without the HTML coding - it will be a person at the client's office not a professional - and I keep getting the coding  

I deselected checkbox - nope - got out of the setting and came back , deselected - nope - got out of the course then back and deselected - nope.

...is there a magic tune I need to hum to get this to work?

Jeremy Lantz

I have tried using POEditor, but I want to use autotranslate, and I find that doing so in POEditor

a) breaks the tags so that terms won't always import back to Rise

b) it looks like I'm charged for autotranslation of html data

Did you use autotranslate in POEditor and if so did you have these problems?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi, all! I don't have personal experience with POEditor, but you'll want to be sure that tool is specifically for translating XLIFF files. Lots of folks in the community have had success with a free tool called SmartCat, so you may want to give that one a try!

Also, don't forget to upload the translated XLIFF file back into the exact course from which it was exported. Click here for all the steps of the translation process! We're here if you need a hand along the way. 

Popeyes Training

Is there any updates to this issue? I'm having the exact same problem. Duplicated course, exported the .xliff file, opened in Dreamweaver and translated the english to spanish, then imported file. Course says import successful, I get the check, but nothing has been translated. Translated the buttons as well using Rise, and that hasn't changed in the course either.

Steven Benassi

Hi Mary!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback!

I see that you've opened a support case as well. Great idea! It looks like you've connected with my teammate Carlo. I noticed that Carlo replied to your e-mail with some feedback on your issue.

We can continue troubleshooting through your case to keep all information in one spot.