RTL Alignment

Jul 18, 2023

Regarding the export and the adjustment of the alignment of the courses, we are producing in the Arabic Language using Rise 360.

After downloading the SCORM packages, I usually have a standard procedure to apply the right-to-left alignment before uploading the SCORM file into our learning management system, to ensure the content is properly adapted for Arabic learners. 

These steps include editing the index.html file to adjust the language and direction,

<html lang="ar" dir="ltr" class="">

And then I modify the left-to-right alignment of the main bundle file to a right-to-left alignment.

However, the challenge arises when the main bundle file, which should be in CSS format, consistently appears as a JavaScript file.

Any help, please? 

2 Replies
Henrik Larsson

I'm surprised there is no answer to this yet. When I export for web, there is a "Rise"-folder, with .css files (under Lib). There is no main.bundle.Though, there are 80ebcd68.css and 11732e6a.css.

Do Articulate recommend running both of these through the RTLCSS Online service? (for getting RTL results).

Regards

Henrik

Phil Foss

I don't recommend modifying the css files that are part of the web or scorm packages, I think Articulate would agree with that. The method I came up with is a custom css file that gets added to the package. There is always custom edits needed based on your content, and more complicated css to get full RTL support on some blocks including media controls and matching quiz.

RTL support for Rise 360 media players