Score Update Issue (Embedded SL in Rise)

Jul 07, 2021

Hello Heroes,

So I'm stuck and must be overlooking something obvious. We have a Rise course that has an embedded SL file at the end that is a quiz. The published file is tracking the grade (80%) on that SL review slide. The quiz is recording the first score (great job done) but not recording any subsequent scores (i.e. I failed the first time, go back and try but no score recorded). It does, however, change the status column (i.e. a pass rather than fail) but the score still won't update. Please see the following from my colleague who works LMS side:

Test 1 – Version of ABO provided on 05/07/2021

Firstly, I opened the course, and failed the test, achieving a grade of 20%. Following this I came out of the course, went back in to it (selecting the Brightspace Retake Content option) and achieved the passing grade of 80%.

Test 2 – v1.3 of ABO provided on 06/07/2021

Opened the packaged, failed the test achieving a grade of 40%. Following this, I stayed within the package and selected Retry, and achieved a grade of 80%.

Test 3 – v1.3 of ABO provided on 06/07/2021

Opened the packaged, failed the test achieving a grade of 60%. Following this, I came out of the course, went back into it (selecting the Brightspace Retake Content option), and achieved a passing grade of 80%.

The rise pack is published as follows: LMS / Scorm 1.2 / Track using SL Block (on the sc46-57 assessment).

The storyline file was published as follows:  Review 360 (for embedding in Rise), multiple tracking: When a learner completes quiz custom (80%) and using triggers (complete course on the success layer, triggered with timeline start on that layer, with additional submit on success layer when hover on the background to resubmit as a fail-safe). 

So not quite sure what the issue is, as I thought having complete/passed when the timeline starts on the success layer would do it. I'll include a review link and the answers for the assessment so you can see what I mean.

https://360.articulate.com/review/content/6c4a709b-6b78-4e8c-9505-c955e184a121/review

Any assistance welcome. Thank you!

4 Replies