Screen shots are too blurry to use

Apr 02, 2024

Hi there,

I am making lessons for people to learn a complicated case management system.  I am making videos for the demo but wanting to use screen shots for the knowledge checks.  The screen shots that I take are crystal clear on my screen and then I upload to my lesson in rise and the image is too blurry to read and learn from.

I see some articles from pre 2014 that have some pretty complicated fixes. I am hoping to learn the optimal size so that I do not have to use photo shop to edit a screen shot.  I will be uploading up to 100 of them.

thanks in advance.

Lesley

1 Reply
Karl Muller

Hi Lesley,

Rise processes all images and videos when they are inserted into a block.

This may be the cause of your blurry images. 

If you don't want Rise to do any processing to your images, add _NOPROCESS_ to the name of your image file.

So car.png will become car_NOPROCESS_.png 

If you'd like an image to keep its specific file format and not undergo compression, you can opt-out of image optimization on a case-by-case basis. Just add _NOPROCESS_ to the name of your image file. It'll upload and display exactly as you saved it. Keep in mind that file size limits still apply.

Source https://access.articulate.com/support/article/Best-Practices-for-Images-Videos-and-Audio-in-Rise-Courses