Some words ands phrases in our Dutch Rise modules are automatically translated by browser when offered via Share link

May 12, 2021

Hi all, we have an annoying problem with some of our Rise modules that we offer via the Share option (so in the browser). 

We write the content in Dutch and then share the link to the module via an email or newsletter for example. Depending on the user's browser settings, sometimes certain Dutch words or whole sentences are seen as English by the browser and then automatically translated to Dutch. This creates very weird texts and we have had a lot of complaints about this. 

I have contacted our supplier's helpdesk in the Netherlands and they have looked into the issue.  They have looked at changing the XLIFF files, since this contains the value  "source-language="en-US". But they did not think this would help, as the html files contain the value "html lang="en". The suggested adding the hmtl tag "translate="no" , but this cannot be done in the Rise modules that are shared via the Share link, only in a SCORM package.

So, the only option we now have is adding an instruction for the users at the start of each module, to check and change their browser's translation settings, but this is far from ideal, and not very professional in my view. Is there another solution for this perhaps? Or can something be developed that will be a solution for this in the future?

2 Replies
Hazel Bartolome
Hi there! I'd like to get our support engineers to take a look at your course. Would it be okay for you to share a copy of your course, a screenshot of the correct text, and the text that changed for comparison?

Please open up a case with us privately here and include that information. We'll help get you sorted out!