Sorting activity not working in iOS

Sep 21, 2020

I have seen former requests in this forum regarding this bug... 2 years ago.

I haven't found any information about the solution for this bug and I have now 

the same problem. 

Do you have any information about this bug?

Thank you in advance

8 Replies
Rachel Auckland

Hi, I've come across a similar issue, but not for iOS I believe. I've created some Rise modules containing both Sorting Activities and Matching. Neither works on my customer's desktop devices. They've found that it isn't possible to drop the options into place - whether placed correctly, or not for the Matching interaction. They are finding that they 'stick' on the mouse cursor and then just return to their original position when they do free up. They work fine for me, and having tested via both the Review area and my AWS account one of my customers reports that it's an issue in the Review area, but not AWS. Can you offer some advice about any known limitations when using these draggable types of interaction in Rise, please? What might be causing this? Thanks.

Chino Navarro

Hi Rachel. I am sorry your customers are experiencing issues with the sorting and matching interactions. Is the issue happening to a specific browser? Are you able to experience the issue on your side? I recommend trying the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Use a supported browser such as Google Chrome. 
2. Make sure the browser and computer are fully updated.
3. Clear the browser's cache.
4. Restart the device. 

Thank you, and let us know how it goes. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Anastasia! Because of limited screen space on smartphones, each item can have up to three lines of text when viewed in portrait mode, which could be fewer than 80 characters of text. If you're using custom fonts, you may see fewer than three lines.

You can preview sorting activities in Rise 360 and switch to mobile portrait mode to make sure all your text displays correctly.