Storyline Block in Rise

May 25, 2021

Hi,

I'm adding a Storyline block in my Rise course. It is appearing as a black canvas with a play button, which i have to click  to complete the interactive block. It never used to do this. I'm using Chrome, and in IE, it opens up within the block, no need to click.

Can you please help with this?

Thanks,

Sonya

13 Replies
Helen Dudley

Hi Sonya

I have the same problem but only when a learner is completing the course on a phone or tablet. Does this problem happen on a desktop for you?

Cheers

Notice of Legal Status and Confidential Information: This electronic mail message and any accompanying attachments may contain information that is privileged and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient you are advised that any use, review, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of the information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this document in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy the message.

Nejc Žorga Dulmin

Play button appears if you have any kind of media - sound/video - on the slide. This is because devices shouldn't "play media" by itself, so you get the play button you need to click on.

You can try to solve this by adding a blank slide as the first slide and jump to the next slide automatically. 

Abbi Rohde

Will there ever be a way to turn this off, or allow for more custom builds in rise instead of having to use storyline and have a player embedded into a rise training. 

Hoping to add more hover over custom content and layout options to trainings using the Rise interface more often. 

Crystal Horn

Hi Adi! Just a couple of points here:

Let me know if I can help further!

Rebecca Logan

Just jumping on this.

Hey, I would love to understand more about why they won't autoplay on a mobile device. I find this looks really unprofessional and clunky.

My stakeholders aren't a fan either however storyline block is the only way to ad the interaction they want. 

If you could provide a little more information around why this happens it would be great to take to my stakeholder. 

Thanks