Storyline block issues

Mar 03, 2022

I am creating a rise course and I created a character chooser in Storyline to insert as a Storyline block. However, I'm running into some issues that I hope someone can clarify.

On my mobile:
1.  I can access the storyline block when reviewing my Rise course (in review) but there is no way to exit the storyline block bacause there is no x to close.
The x is there when I load the storyline block directly. This missing x prevents me from continueing the course.

2. As a work around, I tried to add a "continue" button with an exit trigger in the storyline file that displays only on mobile but that does not close the player in Review either.

You can find the storyline file here: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/b31ae046-9789-498a-8362-bb562a0ba5eb/review

You can find a rise course with the storyline block inside here:
https://360.articulate.com/review/content/b3e748bf-e440-4378-b650-626e5657ce41/review

Update:
I tested this with 2 mobile browsers (Chrome and Brave). The x is missing on both of them. However, the functionality is still there. The overlay closes when I tap the upper right corner. My thought is that the x has the same color as the background. I even changed my player color from custom to light but that did not solve the issue.

Hope I was able to make myself clear. If not :) please ask.

Pinned Reply
Kelly Auner

Hi, everyone!

I have some great news to share!✨

We have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.78.30680.0). An enhancement that's included in this update:

•  Storyline blocks in Rise 360 courses now display full-screen on mobile devices when player controls are turned off.

To take full advantage of this feature, please update Storyline 360 to the latest version.

If you have any questions, please let us know and we'll be happy to help! You can reach out here or privately in a support case.

10 Replies
Sandra Aria

Hi,

I have created some Stroryline files with character interactions and added these blocks to my Rise course. When I review my course, everything is fine, but when I upload the course to my LMS then character interactions act weird, for example when character is changing the state (pose and expression) it is loading quite slowly new pose and expression, usually it has been very smooth.

Any idea what might cause this error?

Best regards,

Sandra

Crystal Horn

Hi Bart,

Will you be hosting your course on a web server, or in a learning management system? When you export your course for those formats, it will cut down on a lot of the UI that you see when you export your course to Review 360. You can also use the Share link directly in Rise 360 to preview your course on mobile. I understand, of course, if you need to use Review 360 to gather feedback before you go live with the content.

That said, we are tracking requests to make the Storyline block X more visible to more easily exit the course. The exit course trigger in the Storyline block, in a Rise 360 course, however, may close out the entire course, and not just the Storyline block. That trigger is sent to your hosting provider, and the provider will interpret it to close the entire course.

I'll share any new developments we have about the X changing to be more visible without hindering Storyline slide content.

Kelly Auner

Hi, everyone!

I have some great news to share!✨

We have released a new update for Storyline 360 (Build 3.78.30680.0). An enhancement that's included in this update:

•  Storyline blocks in Rise 360 courses now display full-screen on mobile devices when player controls are turned off.

To take full advantage of this feature, please update Storyline 360 to the latest version.

If you have any questions, please let us know and we'll be happy to help! You can reach out here or privately in a support case.