SOLVED: Storyline block not allowing mobile users to exit

Dec 31, 2018

Hi all,

I created a course in rise that uses quite a few SL blocks. The problem I'm having is that, when accessing this course in Articulate Review from my iPhone, once I click the 'Play' button on the block, I'm unable to return to the Rise page. When activated, the SL block maximizes on my window and I am unable to see any of the other content in the Rise lesson. I tried swiping in all directions, but the SL block takes over the screen as if it's a lightbox with no exit button. Has anyone had this experience? Did I make a mistake building the SL block? Any advice would be helpful.

**EDIT: Solution below

Thanks!

-Trenton

28 Replies
Felix Franke

Sorry, old thread, but I can confirm that the modern player does NOT show the little x in the top left corner, whereas the classic player does.

Scenario: SL block in a Rise course.

I can work with the classic player for the moment, but what annoys me more is that the x to close the SL floating window is right under the button to open the Rise menu. It is really tricky to hit the X rather than open the menu. Slightly better in Safari compared to Chrome on an iPhone SE. (the SL "course" is an ampty slide with a background because I am trying to find a format which works on mobile phones and on a computer screen)

If anyone has clever ideas about this, very welcome.